Tap Tempo Issue

Cliff,
Yeah, it takes more than two taps to keep it close to locked in with a human.
Great. Thanks for working on this.

Meanwhile the Quad Tap is behaving well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally figured out what is going on here. You must be tapping the tempo repeatedly. This fools the delay into thinking that you are turning the Time knob which is designed to do the pitch smear thing in order to replicate an analog or tape delay.

I'm pretty sure I can fix this so that whenever you tap a tempo repeatedly it doesn't get fooled.

Cliff,
Yeah, two taps aren't enough to stay close to "locked in" with a human drummer. Has to be continuous tapping for a couple of bars at least.
Thanks for looking into this.
Meanwhile, Multi Delay Quad Tap is behaving well for me.

It's not about the number of taps though to create a tempo. 2 taps don't work with a live drummer only if the drummer changes tempo right after the taps.

It's the same if you tap for a few bars too. If the drummer changes tempo after those bars, you'll be off again.

However if you are off in the 2 taps of course it wouldn't match. That's why more bars might work better, not because the axe doesn't determine the tempo correctly. ;)

Cliffs response isn't addressing tempo anyway. It's how the delay reacts to multiple taps - just like turning the knob. He's probably gonna make it so taps are recognized as taps only.

Ah i see so Best to tap in segments of "2" otherwise if you tap 3 or 4 times, you may get a very different Bpm. Would Average or Actual make a difference? or is still over 2 tap? It's just that when I play I tend to rely on tap tempo alot rather than having set per preset. Yeah i see his just talking about the smear.

Back
Top Bottom