TAP TEMPO ISSUE

qjawz

Inspired
Hey guys,

So I have been having an issue with tap tempo...I use a HD500 as my midi controller and tap in they communicate fine everything sounds great, as soon as I change my preset the tempo on the axe fx completely changes while the tempo light on HD500 is exactly the same.

A little info:
HD500 tap is set to GLOBAL
AXE FX 2 Tempo is set to GLOBAL on all the presets I use and NOT PRESETS (I accessed this simply by hitting the temp button on the front panel)

I have already turned everything off and reconnected with just the Axe and the tempo still changes per preset...

help please......:shock

the Global setting of the HD500 probably has nothing to do with how it transmits data to the Axe, but rather how it handles tempos in its own presets.

the HD500 could be sending a "Tap Tempo" message which the Axe receives when changing presets.

but when you say "turned everything off and reconnected with just the Axe" do you mean the HD500 isn't connected at all (i'm confused by "reconnected with just the axe")? if so, how are you changing presets to test this? how are you determining that the tempo is still changing - by audio or visually by the number in the tempo menu or blinking light?

What I mean is I completely disconnected the HD500..sorry

I am verifying setting a tempo eg. 90bpm pressing recall then using the dial to go a different preset immediately the tempo blinking light is different and by accessing the tempo menu. The bpm displayed eg. 42bpm and corresponds to that audibly.

assuming you're using a delay, you have the Tempo parameter in the delay block set to a note value and not "none" right? (i figure you're experienced with the axe etc, just confirming the little things.)

I did realize this I change the tempo via the dial then save and repeat the process above. The tempo will show the saved tempo?

there was a recent discussion something about the displayed tempo number and blinking light may not be correct but the audio is correct. i'll see if i can find that, but try searching for recent posts by FractalAudio here.

Back
Top Bottom