Bug? Tap Tempo / Hold Tuner Issue

MusicMaker

I recently got a FM9 running FW5.0 and have had a FM3 previously. I have noticed an inconsistency which may be considered a bug and wanted to double check that I'm not missing something else in settings.

The desired behavior for me and how the FM3 works with the Tap Tempo/Hold Tuner switch:
  • Tapping Tempo shows tempo change on main screen and in LCD window
  • Press and Hold for Tuner selects the tuner
  • Single tap exits tuner when done
With the FM9 this works as described above with the default FCLayout #1. However, when I select FCLayout #6 with a per-preset override and the same Tempo/Tuner switch settings this option requires me to Press and Hold to EXIT the tuner. This doesn't behave like any other Hold switch functions that I have seen and is different from layout #1. I don't want to press and hold to EXIT the tuner.

Am I missing something or is this a bug that is specific to Per-Preset overrides? Known issue?

Thank you!

My guess is that the special "Tap to Exit Tuner" function is not supported via a per preset switch.
You can exit by press and hold, seems a good workaround for now.
I'll ask FC engineer @BryantP if he has any thoughts.

Reactions: Rex
Thanks Matt! Workaround is good for now, my FM3 muscle memory has caused it to surprise me a few times but that's all.

I recently got a FM9 running FW5.0 and have had a FM3 previously. I have noticed an inconsistency which may be considered a bug and wanted to double check that I'm not missing something else in settings.

The desired behavior for me and how the FM3 works with the Tap Tempo/Hold Tuner switch:
  • Tapping Tempo shows tempo change on main screen and in LCD window
  • Press and Hold for Tuner selects the tuner
  • Single tap exits tuner when done
With the FM9 this works as described above with the default FCLayout #1. However, when I select FCLayout #6 with a per-preset override and the same Tempo/Tuner switch settings this option requires me to Press and Hold to EXIT the tuner. This doesn't behave like any other Hold switch functions that I have seen and is different from layout #1. I don't want to press and hold to EXIT the tuner.

Am I missing something or is this a bug that is specific to Per-Preset overrides? Known issue?

Thank you!
What switch are you pushing in layout 6? The bottom right?

Hi Chris - I have it currently assigned to lower left (switch 1) and it exhibits the behavior.
ok just checking. the bottom right switch can have a special "hidden" hold function. we'll have to look into the Per-Preset behavior for this. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom