tap tempo button is changing banks?

john_p

Inspired
Apologies for asking a silly question, but I can't find a way to get this to work..

I've put the fx8 into sticky presets, but that seems to be disabling the tap tempo button, when I press it, it brings up a bank change screen. I can see how that would be useful but I'd rather have the 8 presets and tap tempo.

Am I missing something obvious?

No. You may need to remap the button, since the way you are using the FX8 is quite uncommon.

Normally, people use 1 preset per song, then use 8 scenes per preset, which is the intent btw, then you can use tap tempo. I highly doubt many people are using presets like you are. It's just not how it was designed. You could use an external button, or midi button, or use scenes instead of presets for whatever you're up to.

Thanks for the reply - so if anyone is using sticky presets, then they lose the tap function (and tuner). I'm sure that can't be the intent?

Quick follow up, i had set the loop button to none, but setting the loop button to tap tempo as well as the tap button gives up and down banks.
So it looks like setting sticky presets overrides the loop and tap features, turning them into up/down banks. I can see that being handy but we lose the tuner and tap tempo. Hitting the scene button to take it out of preset mode then lets you use the tap button as it is set - tuner and tap tempo, so with a bit of tap dancing I can get what i want - hopefully an update fixes this so the button do what they are programmed to do.

I'm not sure the answers above explain what you actually need to know.

First, you're not using the FX8 in a way I would describe as uncommon.

Second, every PRESET MODE is actually BANK/PRESET MODE, where the two right bottom switches control BANK UP and BANK DOWN, over-riding all other assignments while BANK/PRESET MODE is active. You can't change this behavior in the current firmware.

An older MIDI Foot controller I used to own had a mode called "Eight Presets" where you could change presets but not banks. We actually have something different in mind for FX8 firmware 3.0...

But at present, it is working as designed.

^ thanks boss :) Once I realised that in preset mode, that includes the bank up/down as well as the 8 presets then It made sense and I can quickly toggle out of preset mode to set the tempo so it's useable. I guess there's a trade off to be made with a fixed number of foot switches and the design decision that more people would want bank up/down than people wanting tap tempo and tuner makes sense.

I'm looking forward to seeing what changes the next firmware brings.

Back
Top Bottom