Taming my '69 tele thinline

Brownmatthall

Power User
So, I own a squier CV thinline and for the most part love the tonality of it (especially for clean and jangly stuff) but Ive always been unable to really use it for driven stuff due to the overbearing top end on it. Granted i own 2 humbucker guitars but Ive always enjoyed the sound of a driven tele ala Muse and the like and would love to have the sound in my arsenal so to speak, so I set out to find a patch that would allow me to do so! Thoughts and tips for dealing with harsh high end without losing clarity or presence are definitely welcome, I think I did a pretty decent job

Definitely no harshness there. I'd be tempted to open up the high end a bit, especially after the amp.

Deluxe tweed is a great app for a tally.
wow, that is a REALLY good amp with a tele. thank you!

Definitely no harshness there. I'd be tempted to open up the high end a bit, especially after the amp.
I was thinking the same listening back again, i actually rolled off the high end before hitting the amp block and i may have been a little too heavy handed with it..:roll

Yeah it was a revelation for me at a late age when I got a Tweed Deluxe and a tele. Suddenly the tele bridge pickup which had always seemed way too harsh for me made perfect sense through the tweed because the tweed rolled off so much high end.

I hadn't heard the clip before posting and probably wouldn't have responded, not cause it was bad, just cause I don't know much about those tones. If the Deluxe Tweed works for you though i'm glad. It's a great amp for everything from super clean to solidly medium gain to my ears. So many excellent choices.

Back
Top Bottom