Talk to me about the Revv Generator 100R and 100P MKIII amps

Orvillain

Power User
I can't afford the 120 MKIII. So if I was gonna jump in with a Revv, it would be the 100R and 100P. They seem to each be centred around the Red and Purple channels. On my Helix I like both of them.

I play atmospheric post-metal type stuff - www.bridgedisaster.co.uk

I use lots of cleans, overdriven sounds, high-gain crunch sounds, and tremolo picked solo's soaked in delay and such. I just sold an EVH5150IIIS EL34 because it was too out-and-out metal sounding for me.

Tonal references: Tool, ISIS, Cult of Luna, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, The Ocean, Oceansize, Russian Circles, A Perfect Circle.

I currently have:
  • Marshall JVM410HJS - the Satriani edition of the JVM, which I love
  • Diezel VH4 - life amp
  • Diezel D-Moll - an amazing amp
  • Orange Rockerverb MKIII
  • VHT Sig:X - this would be the first amp out of the door I would say, if I ever needed to sell an amp.

I have no personal experience with the Revv stuff, but I have read that the Purple Channel is more 5150-ish in tightness and mid content, and the Red Channel is more Recto in those regards. Granted, I have also read the Purple Channel on Red Aggression can approximate the Red Channel, and vice versa--the Red Channel can approximate the Purple Channel by using Blue Aggression. You'd probably be fine to go either way, honestly.

Back
Top Bottom