Taking the next step - Axe-FXII XL + GT1000FX + Marshall 4x12

Galen Cane

Inspired
My Rig now looks like this..

rig.jpg

Whilst I deliberate the pros and cons of buying an FRFR cab, what tips and advice could you guys give me on getting the best out of hooking this up to one of my Marshall cabs?

Excellent. I'll keep reading that until I understand it :)

:encouragement: - Cliff's explanations can be hard to decipher sometimes haha. But keep on reading through the thread and you'll eventually get it. Even if you don't fully understand it right now, play around with the LF Resonance and frequency. Especially with a patch that has a high master volume setting. Turn the LF Resonance up to 8 - 9 and see what happens. Also, be careful not to add to much low end - you'll just muddy up the mix. This will be easier to dial in once you have the correct values for your cabinet.

Over the next week of so I'm going to set up my Marshall JCM2000 + 4x12 next to a Cornford Roadhouse 50 Combo next to the Axe-FX / GT1000FX + Marshall 2x12 and have a bit of a tone off

Can't wait for your results on the TONE OFF. i tried the Fractal Cornford recently and got nowhere near the real valve amp from online vids.
The Marshall matching might be much easier though.

Can't wait for your results on the TONE OFF. i tried the Fractal Cornford recently and got nowhere near the real valve amp from online vids.
The Marshall matching might be much easier though.

Funny isn't it, we spend all this money on a new system then spend ages trying to make it sound like the old stuff :)

Back
Top Bottom