System settings wiped out

I just did an experiment to see if my system settings stuck if I made changes and rebooted... and they did. What is interesting is that I can't get my fc12 to work at all. If I make a change in axe edit- such as a ring light or setting the switch to change a scene - it doesn't work. Looks like I better contact support.

If you need to open it up, the Battery replacement is easy. It's CR2032 Lithium Battery...
1600825383867.jpeg

Thanks. I just opened it. There is a battery in there, and my III is only a year old. I'm going to replace it anyway just to be sure.

@Pinkycramps Since you mentioned doing the test and it retained the settings, after a reboot, it may not be a battery issue. If you haven't already, I'd unplug the FC cable, from both pedal and AxeFX III, and then reinsert fully at both ends. If that does not help, you might swap to another cable between the FC and AxeFX III, if you have one on hand. And as the FC boots, see if it has the correct firmware (1.11), just in case that got borked when the other things changed in your AxeFX.

If that doesn't help, support would be my next step. Best of luck. Lee

SOLVED.
Well... it WAS the battery. It's odd that it kept those settings that one time... maybe the battery was on the edge. I put in a new one just now and loaded an old system backup file, and bang - it all came back. My AXE has sat idle for a couple of months so that might have played a role. Odd though... it's only a year old. They must have had a batch of old batteries when they shipped these new units out last year.

What made it a little tricky to troubleshoot was the fact that when I tried to load the backup the first time - it did NOT fix my problem. Then I remembered that the backup I was using was from last night - and that was the first time I had powered the thing up in a while. The memory was already gone, so I made a backup that had a wiped out system settings file, and then reloaded that, so I then went back to an older backup and that solved the issue. So glad too, because I had a lot of work into my custom per preset FC setups!

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom