System reset - after many updated firmware versions ?

Stringmanipulator

Power User
Hello all,

Been thinking about this for a long time now, let me first say that I have no problems with my axe fx at all,
and I know it is stupid to try to mend what is not broken and I agree ... but still I am curious ..

I got my axe fx II with fw7.. been jumping on every firmware since and I love it ..
but sometimes I think it might be worth to "start from scratch" so to speak ..
you know like you sometimes do your computer to fresh things up.

if you think it's an idea to do it, how would you do it? in which order etc ..?

I am not a power user and don't use global block or deep editing and I always back up everything before any changes
so it wouldn't be a big deal to restore anyway but since so much have changed since fw7 I thought it might be a good idea ..

just curious ... Any thoughts about that ??

well thanks for reading this far and have a good one

:)

I've just reset system parameters a couple of times, it helped me through firmware update issues I had when things sounded too thin or too muddy. But make some notes if you've changed any default mappings (reassigning CC#'s, offsets to preset 001, expression pedal assignments, other midi parameter changes from their default settings) for your midi pedal, use you will lose those changes.

Had my af2 since fw6, didn't notice a change from resetting system params until fw18. I would give it a shot if I were you. Again, note any custom changes beforehand.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I do it every FW update. Yes, it's probably unnecessary, but I don't have any complex changes so it takes me all of one minute to get things back to how I like them.

I too reset/start from scratch every major fw release. i backup everything before, and make screenshots of my goto presets. no big deal and hardly takes more than 15 minutes. my experience is that "every" fw has been better than the previous one, and it is generally easy to get the same feel on a new firmware. i also record some simple riffs with my main presets. i can't remember the last time that an older recording sounded better than a newer one, so i'm happy with my approach.

Back
Top Bottom