Bug? System locking up

So what's the answer guys? Go back to previous firmware/USB driver, or only connect the USB when using AFX or Fractal Bot, or something else???? First time I've ever experienced this kind of thing with the AxeFX.

I don't do much recording and do a lot of my editing from the front, so I am usually only connected via USB when doing updates. However, for those that use Axe Edit or does recording this could be a real PITA.

Last edited:
Well screw this, I've reverted to previous driver and firmware and everything seems fine. Only played for half an hour or so but no freezing, whereas it was happening every few minutes on the new driver/FW. I'll give it a longer go tomorrow but so far it's encouraging. Hope this gets sorted out in the next FW update as it's been an absolute pain in the tits.

[Win 7] May not be related, but I had my first Axe II lock-up ever.
I wondered if it was the classic one that is said that can happen when CPU's are not syncing.

I had just installed the new drivers and the latest bot. Not sure exactly what I did then, but when I turned on the Axe (it got *very* turned on ;) ), the LCD screen stayed empty... I see this is happening more than it used to be, but that time I think it just remained empty for more than the usual few secs.

Looks like 10.10 may have fixed this.
Didn't see anything in the release notes about it, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic. I'm going to update to 10.10 tonight, so will post back if there are any issues. My crashes have been somewhat less frequent lately though.

I'm reluctant to update mine until the issue is properly sorted. Seems like quite a common issue but the deafening silence from FAS is disappointing.

I used Fractal Bot to do a back-up and shortly after that the Axe locked up. I then rebooted and did the update. I played for about an hour and then let it sit for ~30 minutes with no lock up yet... (fingers crossed)

Update:

I played for about an hour, then left for an hour with the Axe still on. I got home and practiced for a couple hours with no lock ups. So far, so good. :eagerness:

I'm working from home tomorrow so I'll test it throughout the day and report back.

I updated to 10.10 and changed the .. err.. something on the USB settings to 8192 (I think that's the max).

I also had a big cup of coffee with slightly less cream than yesterday.

Played for an hour or so with AE running and connected the whole time. No problems.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc. I think the coffee made all the difference.

Had a lock-up today after running the Axe ~ 5 hours, sometimes playing, sometimes just leaving it on.

Back
Top Bottom