SysEx Byte Values and the Rocktron Raider

Trying to program a Rocktron Raider and it allows for the assignment of byte values, for each byte of the system exclusive message. Anyone know what I should be putting in that field? Each of the 7 bytes allows the option of 0-127 and EOX (End of Exclusive).Seems like that's the only thing really preventing two way communication with the AxeFXII and the Raider.... or do I have that all wrong.

If anyone has programmed this unit before and has tips or tricks let me know. Rumor has it that the internals are exactly the same as the discontinued All Access. I'm essentially trying to get it to show the status of the 10 IA switches via the LED's.

Seems like that's the only thing really preventing two way communication with the AxeFXII and the Raider.... or do I have that all wrong.

It won't accomplish that; you'll have to store each preset (on the controller) with IA switches in the desired state. Sysex messages from the Raider would just allow controlling certain things on the Axe-FX (still one-way) when CC control isn't possible or desired for some reason.

Thanks, that makes sense now. I ended up setting up the IA's as you described. There still is a little bit of funky behavior though, every once in a while the Axe will show that the patch has been edited when I hit a preset, even though the IA's are all set to match the preset.

The Raider does allow two way communication through a REMOTE mode. Any ideas on how to accomplish that?

The Raider does allow two way communication through a REMOTE mode. Any ideas on how to accomplish that?

That's only for use with other Rocktron gear that supports remote mode. Or to be more exact, it's possible you could figure out the formats and code something (like a computer w/ MIDI interface) to convert Axe sysex to something the Raider understands, but that would be a lot of work.

Ok. I thought a feature like the SysEx bulk load outlined in the manual would be a way to get the two units talking. Seems like Rocktron would really have a winner on their hands if this unit could be flash programmed for the AxeFx. $400 out the door and in stock!

Did anyone ever figure out two way communication with a Rocktron All Access? I hear these are essentially the same unit, just rehoused.

The SYSX program allows the user to perform a bulk dump or bulk load of the entire MIDI raider programmable memory, as well as cre- ate a system exclusive MIDI string up to 30 bytes long for each preset to communicate device and manufacturer specific information.

The All Access has the same limitation, no way to understand the Axe-FX message format. Sysex dump/load is for saving/restoring the controller settings: all the PC, CC, preset name settings you can adjust manually. Then if you make any later changes you can restore the previous state at any time.

So what you're saying is that it would essentially take someone that is able to custom program a replacement chip or software set for the Raider to have it actual communication to the Axe? Kind of like what was done with the Behringer EPROM?

Back
Top Bottom