sysex and modifiers and their assigned controls...

squealie

Experienced
I'm working on a controller project, and was thinking about external controllers...

With my FCB, I've developed the habit of always assigning the switches to the same EXTs...and assigning bypass or control modifiers to those EXTs within the patch. I'd like to try to set up the same kind of thing with another controller...but get the EXTs controlled param state back from a sysex response, so I can on/off/blink a LED...

In other words, Lets say I have a switch tied to the EXT1 cc. And in the patch, I have EXT1 doing drive bypass. Is there a way, to retrieve the 'on/off' state, or any state, for that matter, of EXT1 in a message back from the Axe?

I was reading the Wiki, and it says this: This function sets the value of a modifier parameter. The modifier parameter identified by its ID has its value set to the modifier value. The effect being controlled and the parameter being controlled are indicated by the effect and parameter ID's.

I'm not sure if thats what I'm reading....

Ideas? Thanks!

You can get the state of the drive bypass but I don't think you can get the EXT1 state - so if user changes state of EXT1 via front panel, your controller may not reflect the current EXT1 state (it would be out of sync with what your controller thinks it is). But your controller can know if drive is bypassed or not. See sysex section in Axe-Fx II wiki.

Back
Top Bottom