Synth presets

JTI

Power User
Does anyone offer any synth presets for the AX? Free or paid? I have Simeon's GR preset and Yek's Flute preset. Both of which are great. I converted a violin preset, analog horn and violin ensemble preset using the Fractool but none of those came out correct for whatever reason.

I know there a ton of killer paid AND free presets as far as amp tones go but the synth stuff is, imo; much more complex to craft.

That would be great. I was considering an SY300 to cover some keyboard/synth parts. If I could do it with the AX8 it would be nice. I have come up with a few on my own, they are kinda close but not quite there.

Reactions: JTI
I responded to another thread similarly. I am wondering if the II is any different since it has a secon block available? There are some great pad sounds, the GR and flute presets are good but single note lines without tracking funkiness are a little harder to come by imo. Not sure if an additional synth block would correct that. I have the SY and it's great at what you want to do. I am using it as my main rig atm.

I responded to another thread similarly. I am wondering if the II is any different since it has a secon block available? There are some great pad sounds, the GR and flute presets are good but single note lines without tracking funkiness are a little harder to come by imo. Not sure if an additional synth block would correct that. I have the SY and it's great at what you want to do. I am using it as my main rig atm.

How do you run it with the AX8? In the loop?

I have a Roland GR55 I use with the AX8, and I've not been able to make it work through the loop with the AX8....but I believe its because Im echoing out 1 on out 2 so I have separate volume control to FOH and my guitar rig. The reason I needed the separate volume controls is because im powering a 2X12 cab with the power section of my MarkV 25 through the effects loop. That being said, I purchased a Morley AB Mix pedal to combine both signals, mix them and use the seperate output volumes to FOH and my rig. (Also makes sure that the patches that I made keep their mix, taking the possibility of a bad mix of the 2 out of the sound guys hands). Certainly a work around but it fixed my dilemma.

Reactions: JTI
Got it working this morning. It's in the loop and activates when I switch scenes. I unfortunately have to do some preset leveling on the SY itself as I didn't realize my levels were so far out of whack.

After that; I am going to work on seeing if scenes can also send PCs via midi. I'll set up my guitar tone on one scene then call up different synth patches per each individual scene on the AX. Excited!

I have a Roland GR55 I use with the AX8, and I've not been able to make it work through the loop with the AX8....but I believe its because Im echoing out 1 on out 2 so I have separate volume control to FOH and my guitar rig. The reason I needed the separate volume controls is because im powering a 2X12 cab with the power section of my MarkV 25 through the effects loop. That being said, I purchased a Morley AB Mix pedal to combine both signals, mix them and use the seperate output volumes to FOH and my rig. (Also makes sure that the patches that I made keep their mix, taking the possibility of a bad mix of the 2 out of the sound guys hands). Certainly a work around but it fixed my dilemma.
I am going to have to address this at some point as well. I have a powered monitor for stage reference but I want to start skipping the direct box and send FOH my second output. Ugh lol so many things to tweak! I love it but it's a rabbit hole!

Back
Top Bottom