Syncing lighting and effect automation with Axefx2?

fret

Experienced
I was watching this:
Karnivool - Goliath

And the LED display is synced nicely with the guitar stabs at the start of the song. I believe the guitarist is just playing straight eighths all the way through (including the silence between stabs) and some MIDI automation is syncing the lights and audio.

Can someone school me on how that is accomplished?

Assume I have a Macbook Pro running Logic and can patch that into both the Axefx2 and the lighting (But I know nothing about how lighting works). Maybe in that example it's actually video running those screens, which is loaded into Logic, and it's been specially crafted to hit those notes... and then some MIDI only track is syncing the guitar mute/unmute up with the video? I'm unlikely to be playing with actual video screens in the near future but I do have access to LED lighting. Could I get that to strobe white to some rhythmic section in a song?

Google MIDI Light Control or MIDI To DMX for controlling the lights, You could also use Logic to send MIDI to control the Axe and eliminate the need for a midi foot controller. Send a click track to your drummer and you're set (hopefully nobody goes into jam mode!)

Google MIDI Light Control or MIDI To DMX for controlling the lights, You could also use Logic to send MIDI to control the Axe and eliminate the need for a midi foot controller. Send a click track to your drummer and you're set (hopefully nobody goes into jam mode!)
Or any DAW ;) Logic is Mac only

Back
Top Bottom