Sync Looper with Cubase

hpcrazy

Hey guys,
I was wondering if it is possbile to synch the looper with the tempo of Cubase so that I could use a drum loop in cubase as a basis for additional recordings with the looper. And if that is possible would the quantize function work ?
BTW - where can I adjust the quantize grid settings ?

The quantize function of the looper only adjusts the end of the loop to the nearest next beat if I remember correctly.

You can send midi beat clock from your DAW and the FM3 tempo will follow that but it's not really going to "sync" the looper.

The quantize function of the looper only adjusts the end of the loop to the nearest next beat if I remember correctly.
Meaning that it just cuts off the silence at the end of a loop to get started with the beginning again ?

You can send midi beat clock from your DAW and the FM3 tempo will follow that but it's not really going to "sync" the looper.
Well if the quantize function does not quantize the whole recorded loop then it does not really make sense....

Meaning that it just cuts off the silence at the end of a loop to get started with the beginning again ?

Well if the quantize function does not quantize the whole recorded loop then it does not really make sense....
It quantizes to the closest full beat at the end.

It may not make sense to what you expect but I'm sure Fractal does it the way they do for a reason.

The Axe-FX has tempo sync, but it does not have beat sync. Since it has no notion of "beat", there's no beat to quantize the loop start/end to. It can only quantize the length of the loop.

You could send CC's from Cubase to stop/start the looper every bar (assuming it's a one bar loop). That would give you the beat sync you want, but realistically, it would probably work better to record your loop into Cubase.

You could send CC's from Cubase to stop/start the looper every bar (assuming it's a one bar loop). That would give you the beat sync you want, but realistically, it would probably work better to record your loop into Cubase.
My thought too....

It may not make sense to what you expect but I'm sure Fractal does it the way they do for a reason.
I understand the point - it's just other devices which are loopers in fact work with an automatic quantize function - but there of course a beat and a grid with selected bars is defined first. Here it's just the loop function - so it makes sense to cut the ends of the loop properly that it loops nicely.

Back
Top Bottom