sync looper to drummachine

Jan Geerts

Experienced
is this possible? I'd like to sync the looper in the Axe to a drumcomputer, and preferably have it react to changing the tempo on the drummachine too.

Go 14,04

Jan

Should be possible to sync the tempo of the Axe to a drum machine with midi. It is just a tempo sync with Axe fx being the slave. Never done this with the looper on the Axe fx though. Not sure how the tempo changes from the drum machine will work when the looper is synced.

Last edited:
The AxeFX will slave to MIDI clock but I don't think the looper quantises properly to the MIDI clock (at least I couldn't get it to do so and I tried pretty hard).

It was mentioned here by one of the Fractal devs (not Clif) as something that was on the wishlist a while ago.

I would love this feature.

So, not possible? Maybe in an update then?

Jan

I have not used the AxeFX yet, but the Ax8 was pretty steady. And you can get some loopers that will send a Midi clock bypass. So you run your clock to your looper then looper to your other looper. It should be totally on time specially because of quantization. Another option besides using a computer to generate midi clock is using a pedal. I strongly recommend the Midinome, I've been using it for not too long ago, and it's really good. it's just a small thing that does mostly 1 simple thing. Send midi clock.

Back
Top Bottom