Syd Theme and long sustain

Sauro_on_guitar

Inspired
Vendor
I'm pretty satisfied with the tone I made for Shine On You Crazy Diamond but I wonder if there's something special to add to it to make the "4 notes" Syd Theme to be sustained more and more... my preset (please don't ask to share it cause my rig is on the tour bus now) has reverb and delays but is there something more (or a precise delay type for example) I can use to have those 4 notes to resonate more and more?

I'm pretty satisfied with the tone I made for Shine On You Crazy Diamond but I wonder if there's something special to add to it to make the "4 notes" Syd Theme to be sustained more and more... my preset (please don't ask to share it cause my rig is on the tour bus now) has reverb and delays but is there something more (or a precise delay type for example) I can use to have those 4 notes to resonate more and more?
Iirc Gilmour used the binson in swell mode (all 4 heads active) in the album and the PCM70 circular delay in 80s and 90s tours, in both cases mixed pretty low though... Maybe also add a comp?

PS: if you want and still haven't done so, check out my preset for the Pulse version 😉

Last edited:

Please, share the preset, so we can see what we can do :D

In the meantime, an amp is your friend. I can get endless sustain with the Fender FR-12, even at low volumes if sitting in front of it.

Back
Top Bottom