Switching two amps with one IA

hotlegs

Inspired
Well I'm lost ....

AXE FX II 1. Gen
I have two amps (parallel). Each amp has a modifier Extern 3 to amp's bypass. Both amp's have bypass state mute. Modifiers set to amp1 start 100 end 0 and amp2 start 0 end 100. PC Reset is ON. Axe I/O control external controller 3 is set to cc 100. Ignore Redundant PC is OFF.

MFC
I/A switch set to toggle and global. IA Switch 10 is set to NONE, ant set to cc100.

Switching amps is working but when I change preset 3 with amp 2 activated and go to preset 5 I'm still on amp 2 and it takes 3 times pressing IA 10 for switching back to amp 1.

Where is my mistake - Michael

Onboard IA switches, assigned to external controllers, do not carry over when switching presets. This means that the switch loses sync with the controlled effect. That's why you may needs to press it several times after switching presets, to restore the sync.

Hi Yek,
thanks for your answer - so does it mean there ist no way to solve that thing or is there another way for doing this (not with scenes).
Thats from the manual:
Note: Internal controllers (q.v.) are not subject to PC RST because their values are updated immediately when a preset loads.

You want new presets to load with Amp 1 active, correct?

For the IA switch disable "global" and enable "send w/ preset". Store the MFC preset with the IA in the "Amp 1" state.

To avoid potential slight glitches (I don't have an MFC to test if this is a real issue) you may want to enable PC Reset on these modifiers and verify the preset is stored with Amp 1 engaged, Amp 2 bypassed. If you have to adjust bypass states, do this via front panel when the modifier hasn't taken over yet. (If your switch is saved in the off state, that should be the most recent value sent before you switch to the preset you're editing.)

You can also simply keep the MFC always synced, that's how I do it.
The MFCs LED for the IA stays on and the Axe stays on Amp2 until I switch it off.

Yes, when you use an ext ctrl it overrides the scenes setting. When you want to use scenes to switch amps, don't use an ext ctrl.

Back
Top Bottom