1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. July 27 2018 - support.fractalaudio.com is temporarily down for updates. Please use this forum for support or see the "News" section here for additional details. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Switching two amps with one IA

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Discussion' started by hotlegs, Aug 10, 2018.

1. hotlegs

hotlegs
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

Well I'm lost ....

AXE FX II 1. Gen
    I have two amps (parallel). Each amp has a modifier Extern 3 to amp's bypass. Both amp's have bypass state mute. Modifiers set to amp1 start 100 end 0 and amp2 start 0 end 100. PC Reset is ON. Axe I/O control external controller 3 is set to cc 100. Ignore Redundant PC is OFF.

MFC
    I/A switch set to toggle and global. IA Switch 10 is set to NONE, ant set to cc100.

Switching amps is working but when I change preset 3 with amp 2 activated and go to preset 5 I'm still on amp 2 and it takes 3 times pressing IA 10 for switching back to amp 1.

Where is my mistake - Michael

2. yek

yek
    Expand Collapse

Onboard IA switches, assigned to external controllers, do not carry over when switching presets. This means that the switch loses sync with the controlled effect. That's why you may needs to press it several times after switching presets, to restore the sync.

3. hotlegs

hotlegs
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

Hi Yek,
    thanks for your answer - so does it mean there ist no way to solve that thing or is there another way for doing this (not with scenes).
    Thats from the manual:
    Note: Internal controllers (q.v.) are not subject to PC RST because their values are updated immediately when a preset loads.

4. Bakerman

Bakerman
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

You want new presets to load with Amp 1 active, correct?

For the IA switch disable "global" and enable "send w/ preset". Store the MFC preset with the IA in the "Amp 1" state.

To avoid potential slight glitches (I don't have an MFC to test if this is a real issue) you may want to enable PC Reset on these modifiers and verify the preset is stored with Amp 1 engaged, Amp 2 bypassed. If you have to adjust bypass states, do this via front panel when the modifier hasn't taken over yet. (If your switch is saved in the off state, that should be the most recent value sent before you switch to the preset you're editing.)

5. hotlegs

hotlegs
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

Bakerman, your the man - works perfekt!!! Tanks a lot, you saved my day.

6. 666was999

666was999
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

You can also simply keep the MFC always synced, that's how I do it.
    The MFCs LED for the IA stays on and the Axe stays on Amp2 until I switch it off.

7. hotlegs

hotlegs
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

Same like my setup but if you use scenes too, it's not working.

8. 666was999

666was999
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Yes, when you use an ext ctrl it overrides the scenes setting. When you want to use scenes to switch amps, don't use an ext ctrl.