Switching to monitors, help appreciated!

reused

Hi guys,

Im currently running my ultra into a 4x12 cab but im looking for a change and switching to some monitors and use the ultras cab blocks.

Thing is, i know nothing about studio equipment really, always been a tube amp guy, now iv sold almost all my amps as this thing is so damn good, and now its time to use its full potential.

So, i need some help, what monitors are you using? what would you recommend? also do monitors ever come with headphones outs? as that would be an added bonus for late night sessions :D

Please help out a guy used to old school plug in tube amp and go, i really want to get something that will make me never want to plug into my 4 x 12 again, if such a thing exists, i just dont know where to start.

A few recommendations from different price ranges would be awesome

Adam A7's or Dynaudio BM5a. Can't go wrong with either one. They are in the 1000 price range. Adam's are a little more.
My theory is you get what you pay for, you could go cheaper but you will compromise in overall quality.
As far as headphone monitoring. Never seen a pair of monitors with that feature. Best to get a Mackie 402 or similar mixer and use that.

If you do a search there is plenty of information on this topic.

Back
Top Bottom