switching scene from a guitar switch?

you might find this Thrice rig rundown interesting, that's exactly what he's setup with the Helix setup

guitar has a TRS cable/custom wiring, and depending on the snapshot /preset it will use either the bridge or neck pickup

it's limited to the two pickups here, but it's the first time I've seen such an implementation

TRS carrying both pickup signals is such a cool idea. Select em, blend em, flip phase...

OP, whats the use case for changing the scenes from the guitar? Not sure why go thru all the hassles to do something thats pretty simple from the FM3

OP, whats the use case for changing the scenes from the guitar? Not sure why go thru all the hassles to do something thats pretty simple from the FM3
Not OP, but a few UCs easy:
1a. Not having to mess with the "views", have 3 switches dedicated to effects instead of scenes, eliminates tap-dancing.
1b. No need for additional heavy and bulky stainless steel footswitches and cables for them
2. Moving free around the scene
3. Not having FM3 on the floor at all, which is very hand in tight space jam situations or when using radio anyway

And in general it simplifies pretty much everything.

It would seem to me that as some others have mentioned, the Luminite is an excellent solution for the OP request. With their system, you can not only have switches on your guitar (or dials, they offer those as well), but also have switches at your feet AND a touch screen! That is a lot of user interface options!! There is a great thread on The Gear Forum that chronicles the development and the creators (Van) Cliff like attention to what his customers want/need. Here is a video from Luminite regarding the basic set up of their system and a video of real world use. Both of those vids are for the M1, which is the same as the M2 except the M2 has 6 footswitches in addition to the touch screen. Both vids feature the XY controller that mounts on your guitar with gecko like feet!

I am looking forward to getting one of these (XY controller which gives you 10 switch configs and the M2 brain which has 6 footswitches itself) when funding is available. I will use them in conjunction with my FC12, which I will probably trade out for an FC6 once I get the M2. It will allow me to control parts of the Axe but also control my DAW (Cubase) and so much more ;~))

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom