Wish Switching preset down < 1

ErikVDP

Hi,
When switching presets down, all is well until you reach preset 1. If you mistakenly switch down on preset 1, you end up on preset 512. And then you are stuck, because you can not switch up again to reach preset 1. All you can do is switch 511 presets down until you get to ps 1 again.
Please fix this - either by managing so that you can switch up from 512 to preset 1, or put a limit on switching down to preset 1..

Hi,
When switching presets down, all is well until you reach preset 1. If you mistakenly switch down on preset 1, you end up on preset 512. And then you are stuck, because you can not switch up again to reach preset 1. All you can do is switch 511 presets down until you get to ps 1 again.
Please fix this - either by managing so that you can switch up from 512 to preset 1, or put a limit on switching down to preset 1..

That is a problem but I’ve never ran into it. All my presets are in the middle of presets I don’t use. The surviving factory presets at the front and downloads at the end.

Check your lay-out, should be configured like this.
Make sure the Wrap property is set on both the previous- and the next-switch.
And ofc the Increment/Decrement should be +1 on the next-switch.
1715340303725.png

(Be aware of the global Display Offset setting, which should result in the numbers 000 and 511.)

Reactions: KFF
That is a problem but I’ve never ran into it. All my presets are in the middle of presets I don’t use. The surviving factory presets at the front and downloads at the end.
I use mainly presets 1 to 128 as my user bank, because I noticed that factory presets 1-128 are copied further on in the bank. So when using presets 1-128, I still have a copy of the overwritten factory presets somewhere in the bank.
When - for instance - I'm on preset 10, and I want to go to ps 1, I have to be very careful not to switch too fast down with my FC12, or I may end up in the highest region of the preset bank (around 512) and there's no way to return to ps 1 quickly.
Same with the wheel: turning the wheel too fast and surpassing ps1 makes you end up around ps 512. If only you could revert by 'going through the ceiling' from 512 to 1, but now you can only 'fall through the bottom' and there's no way back.

Check your lay-out, should be configured like this.
Make sure the Wrap property is set on both the previous- and the next-switch.
And ofc the Increment/Decrement should be +1 on the next-switch.
View attachment 140123

(Be aware of the global Display Offset setting, which should result in the numbers 000 and 511.)
Hi,
thanks for the tip.
I adjusted the settings for the increment switch. This was configured on 'no wrap'. Changing this to 'wrap' does the trick.
In the meantime, I noticed that turning the wheel on the FXIII solves the issue too. It takes 5 or 6 notches, but it gets from 512 to 1.

So this issue is solved for me.
Many thanks !!!

Erik

Back
Top Bottom