Switching Help Please

Davus PG

Inspired
Hi there

I'm sorry I'm sure this is covered somewhere but how do I change my switches 1 - 8 so that they activare on release?

Thank you

For the life of me I can't get this to work.

I've read the manual repeatedly, have disabled XY switching in the menu and searched all other menus but everything still switches on the downpress.

Probably something really simple, but I can't find what!

Also thinking ahead if I do get the AX8 to switch on release would that mean I can't use momentary switches (which are a brilliant feature BTW) or is that an independent function?

Cheers

David

If you disable x/y switching, it will switches on downpress (which is what most people want). If you enable x/y, it will switch on the release.

OK, so I finally worked out why I wasn't getting this. As it turned out switches were activating on release, however it only works when you momentarily hold the switch and release.

On my FX8 I could hold a switch for as long as I wanted and then it would activate on release. I'm going back quite a few firmwares here (as I didn't update), but it worked perfectly for me becuase if I had a lead break coming up in 10 secs time I could hold down the switch, keep playing and then release to change scene when needed.

I appreciate for many that may seem a but weird, but it's a feature I loved and if possible would like to be able to do the same on my AX8.

Cheers, David

I can see wanting to do that. There is no way to do this that I know of. I was thinking you could up the press and hold interval but it only goes up to 2 sec

Yes I saw that in the menu....Perhaps this was something exclusive to the FX8 or something that changed several firmware updates ago...

Could it be to do with sticky scenes as I had that set up I believe.

I became really reliant on it as I struggle to do two things at once at the best of times! Just meant I could have the switch held in during the last couple of bars before I needed to change, so I never missed a beat.

I can adapt, but if anyone knows whether it's possible - or why it isn't I'd appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom