switching FRFRs EV --> QSC

Cainer

Experienced
I've been using the EV LiveX 112p for a long time and been pretty happy with them, aside from their un-road-worthiness (the knobs protrude and get knocked off by a stiff breeze). I've had a QSC K12 for ages as well but didn't love it for my Axe tone initially, so just went with the EVs. Well one of the EVs just blew, so I decided to try the K12 after not having used it for a long time, and it sounds killer! I think what I didn't like about it initially was some high-end harshness, but that may have been partly due to my first attempts at creating patches way back when. Also maybe my high-end hearing is going lol

In any case, It sounds to me like it's got a fuller range, more thump in the bottom, and definitely more top end and clarity - I might just roll off some highs in the cab block on one or two of my patches to compensate for that. But I do love the flush-volume pots on it - no more worrying about shaving them off loading them into the van!

Haven't had a chance to try a coaxial speaker like the new EVs or CLR, but would be curious about those. For now, I'm going QSC K12. Anyone else digging them currently? Or the new K12.2s they came out with?

Back
Top Bottom