Switching channels on a Diezel VH4

taliababa

I'm trying to determine how I would get the MFC-101 to change channels on my VH4. Ideally Here's an example of what I hope to accomplish: switch to channel 1 on the Diezel and engage a preset I made that has drive, flanger in front and chorus, delay, and reverb after the preamp. I'm using the 4 cm method.

Reading through the MFC-101 manual, it appears that I could do this using IA, but I'm not certain. If I disable Axe Fx mode, am I losing out on the functionality built into the MFC/Axe combo?

The Diezel has midi built it, but this is my first foray into MIDI. I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

You would need to know the cc message designations for your amp then you run a midi cable from mfc to it.

If you are using mfc in axe fx mode-
You can set landing on a preset to send a cc message of your choice or you can program a ia switch to send what ever cc you want, so long as it doesnt already control a axe fx block
Regards,

You would need to know the cc message designations for your amp then you run a midi cable from mfc to it.

If you are using mfc in axe fx mode-
You can set landing on a preset to send a cc message of your choice or you can program a ia switch to send what ever cc you want, so long as it doesnt already control a axe fx block
Regards,

Thanks Neil, I'll try this out when I get home.

As I know, Diezel amps do not understand CC, only PC (program changes).
Diezel can save 128 presets.

- you connect Axe (Midi Thru) to Diezel (Midi in)
- you assign a Midi Channel to Diezel (find in the manual how to do this, it is simple)
- you can send a PC to Diezel Midi Channel from MFC per preset (Page 42 in MFCv1-Manual)

Typically you can make the presets on Diezel (only examples) as:
- #1 Clean: Clean Channel, Master 1, Switchable Fx Off ...
- #2 Raw Rhythm: Channel 3 On, Switchable Fx Off ...
- #3 Wet Rhythm: Channel 3 On, Switchable Fx On, Master 1
- #4 Solo: Channel 4 On, Switchable Fx On, Master 2
- ... bis #128

I use only 5 Diezel presets (Hagen) so that I map different effect presets over the same Diezel presets (eg):
- Raw Rhythm: Diezel #3 + Axe #32 (Gate + Reverb)
- Wet Rhtythm: Diezel #3 + Axe #33 (Gate + Reverb + Delay)

But you can use it differently, so that you the same Diezel settings save on different Diezel presets (max. 128),
so that you have the "direct" mapping of you Axe preset to Diezel preset (eg):
- Axe Preset #45 + Diezel Preset #45

I hope you understand what I wanted to say :)

As I know, Diezel amps do not understand CC, only PC (program changes).
Diezel can save 128 presets.

- you connect Axe (Midi Thru) to Diezel (Midi in)
- you assign a Midi Channel to Diezel (find in the manual how to do this, it is simple)
- you can send a PC to Diezel Midi Channel from MFC per preset (Page 42 in MFCv1-Manual)

Typically you can make the presets on Diezel (only examples) as:
- #1 Clean: Clean Channel, Master 1, Switchable Fx Off ...
- #2 Raw Rhythm: Channel 3 On, Switchable Fx Off ...
- #3 Wet Rhythm: Channel 3 On, Switchable Fx On, Master 1
- #4 Solo: Channel 4 On, Switchable Fx On, Master 2
- ... bis #128

I use only 5 Diezel presets (Hagen) so that I map different effect presets over the same Diezel presets (eg):
- Raw Rhythm: Diezel #3 + Axe #32 (Gate + Reverb)
- Wet Rhtythm: Diezel #3 + Axe #33 (Gate + Reverb + Delay)

But you can use it differently, so that you the same Diezel settings save on different Diezel presets (max. 128),
so that you have the "direct" mapping of you Axe preset to Diezel preset (eg):
- Axe Preset #45 + Diezel Preset #45

I hope you understand what I wanted to say :)

Awesome. Thanks mate!

Back
Top Bottom