Switching channel via midi

Chris6870

I have a Voodoo Labs Control Switcher. I am trying to get it to switch my amps channels. I have used it with other midi effects but am having a hard time with the Ax8. I set the Global Midi channel to Omni. I have the switcher set to midi channel 1 and set the midi setting in the preset to 1. I can get it to work on 1 preset but when I add another preset it stops working. Anyone have any experience with this unit on the AX8?

I've been using it with a boogie combo. The AX8 only sends programme changes per scene; You set the programme change per scene. You just tab over to the midi page and set it there. I have to go to work soon and have band practice tonight so won't have much time, but I can give a more detailed explanation tomorrow if you still can't get it working.

I've been using it with a boogie combo. The AX8 only sends programme changes per scene; You set the programme change per scene. You just tab over to the midi page and set it there. I have to go to work soon and have band practice tonight so won't have much time, but I can give a more detailed explanation tomorrow if you still can't get it working.

I have used it with other multiFx units and I could just engage the preset, select the amp channel and save it on the VooDoo labs channel switcher and it was done. I thought I had it working with the AX8 a few weeks ago doing the same thing, now it's not working. If I go to the midi menu on the scene, when I scroll through the PC value,when I scroll to certain numbers it will trigger the channel to change. I try to save it at that value but when I switch back to that scene or even the preset it doesn't change the channel.I guess I don't know what I'm doing.
Should the switcher be set to receive PC and CC or just PC?

So i said I had it working a few weeks ago, which I did with a different amp,a Mesa Mark IV. So after screwing around for 3 hours with the AX8 ,the control switcher and a Splawn Quick Rod I hooked it all back up to the Mark IV, and low and behold it works flawlessly. Weird thing with the Splawn is if I manually change the presets on the control switcher it changes the channels on the amp. It just wont do it via the AX8. The only difference is the Mark IV uses 1 mono cable per channel jack and the Splawn uses two TRS cables.

Hi, I had the same problem with my Engl powerball2 and Engl z11, and found the solution.
Select the channel amp change in the switcher.
-In The AX8 create 4 Scenes e.g clean S1, S2 crunch, rythm S3, S4 lead.
-In The scene S1e.g, pressing PAGE button 3 times.
-Turn NAV to MIDI and ENTER
-Choose In section 1-16 MIDI PC with KNOB A.
'In my case I use the MIDI CH = 1. (Make sure to use the same midi channel in the switcher and the AX8).
-Save All scene by scene. It takes time but once everything is set all more comfortable.

Regards.

I'm thinking there might be something wrong with the switcher. It was working great with the Mesa. I spent about two hours setting up my presets. I was playing through all of them fine.Then it randomly stopped switching when I would change presets. When I would switch between scenes in a preset it would start working,but going from preset to preset it was sporadic. Unless there is a reason the AX8 doesn't send the midi signal between certain changes, I think the switcher may be defective. Plus it would not work at all with my Splawn.

I'm thinking there might be something wrong with the switcher. It was working great with the Mesa. I spent about two hours setting up my presets. I was playing through all of them fine.Then it randomly stopped switching when I would change presets. When I would switch between scenes in a preset it would start working,but going from preset to preset it was sporadic. Unless there is a reason the AX8 doesn't send the midi signal between certain changes, I think the switcher may be defective. Plus it would not work at all with my Splawn.
What firmware revision are you running on the AX8? V4.01 addresses a MIDI out bug. If you have not upgraded, you may want to consider it.

Back
Top Bottom