switching between RJM and FC12

Harm

Experienced
Hi All,

I have an awesome pedalboard with an rjm Gt22, 4 cc pedals and all this in a case. One of my bands rehearses in a location where I have to walk quite far, get an elevator to the room, etc. In short, I'm trying to travel lighter. Now I am in the process of buying a used FC12. Wil I be able to just switch between pedalboards (The RJM through midi cables and the FC with an XLR)? I know I have to programme the cc controllers to get them working. I will not be using the pedalboards both at the same time. I don't use setlists ect. Just presets, scenes and effects on/off , so nothing fancy.
In short: Can I just plug and play, no matter which controller I use?

Thanks, Harm

I know I have to programme the cc controllers to get them working.
If you set everything to be controlled using External Controllers, then I think you can swap easily.

Set the External Controllers to be mapped to the CCs sent from RJM.

In the FC-12, map the pedal jacks to the same External Controllers.

Just presets, scenes and effects on/off , so nothing fancy.
That stuff should "just work".

I'm trying to figure out how to do the same. I have an FC6 board setup for light gigs and rehearsals to use with either my Axe or my FM3 and I use my MMGT22 for some of the bigger gigs I do. Sometimes I like to use either foot controller with either the Axe or the FM3.

I have External 1 assigned to CC11, External 2 to CC12 and External 3 to CC13 like it says in the RJM manual. - GT22

How do I go about mapping these to the FC6? I'm using FC1 Pedal 1, FC1 Pedal 2 and FC 1 Pedal 3 on the FC6. Do I need to go into the midi remote menu and assign CC11 etc to some other functions in the menu?

Many thanks

Paul

I'm trying to figure out how to do the same. I have an FC6 board setup for light gigs and rehearsals to use with either my Axe or my FM3 and I use my MMGT22 for some of the bigger gigs I do. Sometimes I like to use either foot controller with either the Axe or the FM3.

I have External 1 assigned to CC11, External 2 to CC12 and External 3 to CC13 like it says in the RJM manual. - GT22

How do I go about mapping these to the FC6? I'm using FC1 Pedal 1, FC1 Pedal 2 and FC 1 Pedal 3 on the FC6. Do I need to go into the midi remote menu and assign CC11 etc to some other functions in the menu?

Many thanks

Paul
Assign the FC jacks to control the same External controllers.

Assign the FC jacks to control the same External controllers.
That would be in the external tab of the midi remote menu wouldn't it? So I'd have to change these settings depending on what controller I'm using at the time? I guess that's easier then having two presets with a different set of controllers selected.

That would be in the external tab of the midi remote menu wouldn't it? So I'd have to change these settings depending on what controller I'm using at the time? I guess that's easier then having two presets with a different set of controllers selected.
Not in front of my gear at the moment but I was thinking it's part of the pedal jack setup... But you might be right.

Not in front of my gear at the moment but I was thinking it's part of the pedal jack setup... But you might be right.
No worries! appreciate the help thank you. I think it's just a question of changing those settings to select the FC and then setting it back to CC11 etc when using the GT. I thought there might be setting where I didn't have to change anything to use both controllers separately but I'd rather do that than have different presets for both contollers.

No worries! appreciate the help thank you. I think it's just a question of changing those settings to select the FC and then setting it back to CC11 etc when using the GT. I thought there might be setting where I didn't have to change anything to use both controllers separately but I'd rather do that than have different presets for both contollers.
See page 69 in the FM3 manual:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/FM3/FM3-Owners-Manual.pdf#page73

I'm under the weather and a little foggy right now. I was thinking you could assign both a CC and a pedal jack to the same External Controller. I might be confused about that...

Also, on your Axe Fx you are allowed 2 controller sources, so you could probably get crafty there and have both assigned all the time ;)

See page 69 in the FM3 manual:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/FM3/FM3-Owners-Manual.pdf#page73

I'm under the weather and a little foggy right now. I was thinking you could assign both a CC and a pedal jack to the same External Controller. I might be confused about that...

Also, on your Axe Fx you are allowed 2 controller sources, so you could probably get crafty there and have both assigned all the time ;)
Got it thank you. 2 controller sources on the axe works great! Shame you can't do that on the FM3 too. I'll have to look into assigning a cc no and a pedal jack at the same time.

I thought there might be setting where I didn't have to change anything to use both controllers separately
There's no additional shortcut for this, other than maybe saving a system file for each setup to send as needed. Either way, the Ext Ctrl assignments still have to change somehow.

There's no additional shortcut for this, other than maybe saving a system file for each setup to send as needed. Either way, the Ext Ctrl assignments still have to change somehow.
Got it thank u. Hopefully the 2 source option in the modifier window might get added to the FM3 at some point. Not sure if that’s even possible.

Definitely another option to consider though using a different system file for each foot controller setup.

Back
Top Bottom