Switch Wah off when vol pedal is engaged

Old News

Inspired
I want to add a volume pedal to this patch to control the mixer. Heel - Guitar (grid row 2) --Toe -- FXL (grid row 1). I am running a GR-55 in loop. I can easily add another volume pedal to do the task but I do not want to add another volume pedal. I want to use the Wah pedal (auto engage) on the board for both functions0.

The expression pedal I have is a spring loaded Mission engineering pedal.

What I would like to do is in a scene where I have an active volume pedal patch --the expression pedal is automatically reassigned to funtion as a volume pedal in that scene. and the wah disabled.

Any thoughts?

I have the MFC edit software-

Thanks

Controller assignments are preset wide and can't be changed per scene. For wah and volume with one pedal, assign the pedal to both the control parameter in the wah block and the volume parameter in the vol/pan block at the same time. Then engage the desired block while the other is bypassed. The pedal will still move both parameters, but you'll only hear it in the active block. You can do this either with scenes, or via a switch or IA assigned as an external controller to the bypass mode parameter of both blocks. The trick is to reverse the start and end modifier values on one of the blocks so they toggle opposite each other. That lets you switch between wah and volume on the fly manually. Auto-Engage won't work since it would cause both blocks to engage at the same time and you'd hear both the wah sweep and the volume fade when you move the pedal.

Back
Top Bottom