Switch/Preset/Scene Setup for Noob

TKS7

Hi

Looked online and here for suggestions and I'm still feeling a little stuck. I bought a preset package (that is awesome) and mistakenly thought I could set up new presets by mix matching scenes from those that I bought and those that are already factory installed.

For example setting up a preset channel for song X and installing:
Scene 1 = scene 2 from bought preset A copied and pasted in
Scene 2 - scene 3 from a factory preset B copied and pasted in
Scene 3 - scene 4 from bought preset C copied and pasted in

etc.

But I now realize this is not possible (or is it and I missed it?)

Using just the three original switches, how are some of you setting up scenes/presets/switches to easily flip from various scenes that might have been produced in different presets without having to look like you're trying to kill a swarm of bugs as you go through tunes in a setlist. Or is it just accepted that if you start a tune in Preset A you are pretty much stuck in preset A (or maybe one up or down) and figure out tone changes within that preset.

Thanks for any suggestions

Review the manual on presets and scenes. I don't think you fully understand the concept yet and that is causing your grief.

My crude attempt to explain:
A preset is a collection of blocks.
A scene is a collection of the settings for all the blocks in that preset.

Given the above you can't copy a scene from a different preset because it will have different blocks. Even if the presets use same blocks you can't copy scenes between different presets.

Scenes are very useful but are limited to use only within the preset. My opinion, get the above understood and then tackle switching.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
You can copy and paste Scenes within a Preset, but you cannot copy a Scene to a different Preset. Scenes are just a "snapshot" (not to be confused with Line 6's use of that term) of the status of all the Blocks in a Preset (engaged/bypassed, channel A,B, C or D). When you move to a different Preset, the Blocks aren't the same, so a Scene from another Preset is not applicable. You can copy and paste a Channel from one Channel to another within the same Block, but you can't copy just a Channel of a Block to another Preset. You can only copy a whole Block (with all of its Channels) to another Preset.

You can copy and paste a Channel from one Channel to another within the same Block, but you can't copy just a Channel of a Block to another Preset. You can only copy a whole Block (with all of its Channels) to another Preset.
You might want to check that. I do it all the time, and to double-check just did it. As long as the destination block is the same type as the origin you can copy then paste into any of the destination channels in that destination block, whether it's the same or a different preset.

Back
Top Bottom