Switch Grouping on the MFC

skracus

Inspired
Hi guys. Is it possible to group IS switches together so that only one switch within the "group" can be on at a time? The LF did this and was essential for setting up IA's to switch amp channels via the RJM Amp Gizmo. Just curious as the MFC will arrive Tuesday. Thanks for any replies.

Steve

I had read about it when I answered. In practice, I was disappointed. Unless I am missing an option, when you group switches, it does not let you turn them all off. It is currently designed to work, I would say, like an A/B switch (or A/B/C/D/E). One always stays on even if you press it a second time. I hope they change this. I like to use it on my Chorus/Flange/Phaser so that only one of the three will be on and I can switch between them without having to hit two switches. Currently, it does not work like this.

prog_head said:
I had read about it when I answered. In practice, I was disappointed. Unless I am missing an option, when you group switches, it does not let you turn them all off. It is currently designed to work, I would say, like an A/B switch (or A/B/C/D/E). One always stays on even if you press it a second time. I hope they change this. I like to use it on my Chorus/Flange/Phaser so that only one of the three will be on and I can switch between them without having to hit two switches. Currently, it does not work like this.

+1

Agreed. It would be nice to be able to turn them all off with a second push of whichever was active in the group then back on again at the next push.

I believe this is designed to work for amp channel switching where I would think one needs to always stay on for the benefit of the amp. My Mark V defaults to channel 1 if none of the contacts are closed. There fore if I were to turn all of them off I would be stuck in channel 1. I see the benefit of using this with effect groupings for sure. It may require a second Link Mode though to make it reliable for both types of applications.

Back
Top Bottom