Switch functions question

macfly

Inspired
I have been gigging with my FM9 and thus, my AxeFX3 is collecting dust, so trying to get it to emulate things I'm doing with FM9 and external switches using my FC12 and no external switches.
For example, in my FM9 rig, I have an autowah that is triggered by an external latching switch. So if its on, its on and if its off its off, regardless of presets or scenes.
I've set up switch 7 on the FC12 as "Effect" and pointed it to the wah block's "Bypass" function. If I'm in Scene 2, with the wah on, and switch to scene 1, the wah goes off (I'm good with that...actually would prefer that on the FM9, but its an analog switch). Problem: everytime I come back to scene 2 the wah is on. Ideally I'd prefer to be able to turn it on in any scene with switch 7 and have it turn off either with switch 7 OR when I change scenes (which it does) and STAY off when I come back the original scene (which it doesn't).

I hope that makes sense. I struggled a little explain it.

The 'Scene Ignore' feature would be the easiest way to allow you to control the Wah block bypass state across all scenes.

Setting 'Scene Revert' to <OFF> is another option but would require the wah block to be turned off in Scene 2 before changing scenes.

The 'Scene Ignore' feature would be the easiest way to allow you to control the Wah block bypass state across all scenes.

Setting 'Scene Revert' to <OFF> is another option but would require the wah block to be turned off in Scene 2 before changing scenes.
Thanks! Yep Scene Ignore makes it behave like the analog switch in my FM9 rig, which ultimately is fine...that essentially solves my auto wah problem.

Next question: Can I assign an effect to a switch so it can be turned on/off in any scene, but have it turn off when I leave the scene and still be off when I come back?

If it matters, its because I know I can do that with Control Switches, but this is for a "kitchen sink" preset that already uses all of the control switches.

Scene Revert 'On' should give you that behavior. You can manually activate anything in any scene. But each scene always 'Reverts' to it's saved state when selected.

Scene ignore won't accomplish the ideal result you seem to be describing.

Turn Scene Revert ON (not OFF) and ensure the preset is stored with the wah bypassed in every scene. This should be all that's needed, although if you didn't want scene revert applied to every other block, you could instead assign a control switch to wah bypass and set its CS Per Scene value to "off" in all scenes.

Scene Revert 'On' should give you that behavior. You can manually activate anything in any scene. But each scene always 'Reverts' to it's saved state when selected.
Thanks man. I know these are questions that are probably answered elsewhere, but I couldn't get the right words to search for them.

Scene ignore won't accomplish the ideal result you seem to be describing.

Turn Scene Revert ON (not OFF) and ensure the preset is stored with the wah bypassed in every scene. This should be all that's needed, although if you didn't want scene revert applied to every other block, you could instead assign a control switch to wah bypass and set its CS Per Scene value to "off" in all scenes.
Yeah I had already saved them set to bypass and channel. It may seem strange, but I'm setting up these three switches on my FC12 to be limited as the externals are in my FM9 rig. I just want both setups to work exactly the same. Scene Ignore makes the autowah work exactly as it does with an analog latching switch in my FM9 rig. For the other two I will use Control Switches to control multiple parameters as momentaries, like the external analog momentaries in my FM9 rig. All of the Control Switches were in use, so now I can pull the ones that were just assigned to turn an effect on/off and use Scene Revert. If I'd understood that function a couple of years ago when I built the presets, I'd have done it that way from the jump. I'll have a fair amount of reprogramming to do, but in the end it'll make both rigs more alike. So again THANKS to you guys for your help!

While I'm not sure it applies to OP situation - you might consider the "Smart Bypass" feature. Just reminded of it in Cooper Carter's Fractal Friday video -

Cool...thanks for sharing! While this doesn't look like something I'll use right now, it's helpful to know its there as I start re-working the board. It could certainly end up getting used!!!

Back
Top Bottom