Switch behaviour

Honken

Inspired
Hi folks!
I wonder if there are any way to decide the behaviour of individual buttons.
Lets say if i want one button to react on press, and another to react on release.
Is this possible?

Note: If this is the wrong place to post, or if this is already being discussed somewhere else please help :)

Each switch has a press function and a hold function. You can configure your FC to execute the hold function on switch release.

Yes, i belive that is a global function. Whenever you got a switch with 2 functions. I wonder if you can make one switch be on press and the one beside it on release. (Without dual Functions on none of the switches) sorry for my bad English! And thank you for replying!

You can force a switch to activate on release by assigning the same function to both tap and hold.

If your Hold Function Mode is set to Timeout, the hold function fires when the chosen timeout length occurs (default is 0.5 seconds). If it's set to Switch Up, it will fire when you finally release the switch.

What are you trying to control on release?

Last edited:
Yes, i belive that is a global function. Whenever you got a switch with 2 functions. I wonder if you can make one switch be on press and the one beside it on release. (Without dual Functions on none of the switches) sorry for my bad English! And thank you for replying!
Yes. Set up one switch with a press function and no hold function. Set up the other switch with a hold function and no press function.

Thank you so much!
Will try this. I am trying to controll the looper. Especially the moment when crossing to overdub or just playback mode. I seem to be late and miss everytime I try to loop. So now I want to se if I can get it in time by using the On release function. If that does not work I suspect there are something strange with the response of the pedal. But I will try this first. There is a possibility that it's just me who is totally out of time. Hehe

Thank you so much!
Will try this. I am trying to controll the looper. Especially the moment when crossing to overdub or just playback mode. I seem to be late and miss everytime I try to loop. So now I want to se if I can get it in time by using the On release function. If that does not work I suspect there are something strange with the response of the pedal. But I will try this first. There is a possibility that it's just me who is totally out of time. Hehe
Ah, so that’s why you’re doing this. :)

If there’s a hold function on the footswitch that you’re using for timing, then it won’t actually actually fire until you release it. Other than that, stomp exactly on the beat, without trying to “compensate” to make sure you can squeeze the notes in, and you’ll be golden.

Yes, i seem to get the same problem anyway. But! You reminded me of something important right now. I use switch nr 6 (FC12) (heavily right footed! hehe) but that switch also has the built in shortcut to the masterlayout (the two button press) I will try to deactivate this, and see (listen) if the problem goes away! Thank you for your replies. I kind of love this forum. So manny people helping each other out. Wonderful stuff

Yes, i seem to get the same problem anyway. But! You reminded me of something important right now. I use switch nr 6 (FC12) (heavily right footed! hehe) but that switch also has the built in shortcut to the masterlayout (the two button press) I will try to deactivate this, and see (listen) if the problem goes away! Thank you for your replies. I kind of love this forum. So manny people helping each other out. Wonderful stuff
I think you identified the problem!

I think you identified the problem!
Well. This was the problem. So consider this solved! Thank you for all replies and help! Its much appriciated. I can loop in time now! hehe
EDIT: and the on release function was a great workaround as well. But i dont use it because now it works on press. Loving the axe! and the FC12!

Back
Top Bottom