Wish Swapping Scenes should swap scene levels in output blocks

I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't want this to happen.... can you? Sure is annoying to get all your scenes balanced, and then decide you need to re-order them.... for now, I'm going back to making sure my levels are correct before they hit the output, which is a bummer, because it was nice to have them all on one page.

Also, is there a reason you can't copy scene levels from output 1 to output 2? I saved output1 levels to the library, but that library entry can only be opened by an output1! What?? Again, I can see why you might want a different level for output 2 on one scene for some reason.... but it's hardly the norm. (Do output1 and output2 actually have different parameters? I don't remember any, but If that's the case, maybe they could be ignored...or else I should be ignored...)

And while I'm at it. Why does the library menu show the items for every single block, instead of just the current block? At least could the current block library menu be a little less nested? It's really deep! But IIRC, all the submenus for other blocks are greyed out anyway. So why are we showing them at all??

Okay, I'll stop now ;)

Perhaps I'm not fully understanding your issue, but the Output Blocks already have volume controls for each scene.

I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't want this to happen.... can you? Sure is annoying to get all your scenes balanced, and then decide you need to re-order them.... for now, I'm going back to making sure my levels are correct before they hit the output, which is a bummer, because it was nice to have them all on one page.

In the meantime, as a workaround, use a scene controller on a block level parameter. Scene controllers do swap properly.

Perhaps I'm not fully understanding your issue, but the Output Blocks already have volume controls for each scene.
yes, but if you switch scenes the volumes don't change. So if you switch a loud sound you turned way down with a soft one you had to turn up, now the loud one is extra loud, and the soft one is inaudible.

Guess I need to bone up on scene controllers!

scene controllers are wonderful! although im guessing theyll be less relied upon with the rollout of gapless switching.

+1 on this one.
… Sure is annoying to get all your scenes balanced, and then decide you need to re-order them....

This can sometimes be a huge pain in the back….

I really wish the scenes are tied to the scene levels on the output block.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom