Swapping entire Bank locations

ILM4Axe

Hi everyone,

What is the most efficient way to swap my current Bank B with Bank A using Axe Edit? Can I just select all the presets in B and simply drag over to A? I just want to move all my Bank B presets into Bank A location.

Thanks,

first make a full backup using Fractal-Bot.

then, yes, i think using Axe-Manage Presets is the fastest way to swap things around. i have a video that shows the new manage feature, and i briefly show how you can rearrange presets by swapping - just choose a preset and drag it to another position and they will swap. if you click a preset, then click shift and click another preset that's later in the list, it will select all of those presets. then just click and drag to swap.

since you are doing many presets, it will take a while to process. just be VERY patient and move slowly so nothing glitches or errors out. once you start the swap process, just don't touch anything :)

Thanks Chris! I really enjoyed your video on Axe-Manage (as well as ALL of your other tutorials), which led me to wonder if I could swap a whole bank. I didn't have the coconuts to try it w/o posting first tho. Maybe I'll just try 5 at a time and hold my breath...

Thanks,
Jim

yeah do a bit at a time... that's probably better
but back up first regardless!
i tested about 10 at once when i posted above and it worked no prob. i'm sure it will work ;)

I moved all 384(?) factory presets to the end of the preset list on my XL. Did it in one operation, went perfectly. Took about half an hour for it to save everything, though.

Back up the entire bank and then load it back to another bank location using Fractal Bot. If doing a handful of presets then just do them in Axe Edit Axe-Manage.

Reactions: Ole
Back
Top Bottom