Wish Sustain pedal

must be expensive, he didn't have enough left to buy cutters to cut off his guitar strings after stringing his guitar. Nice effect though. You can how ever already do this with delay and reverb hold, with a little tweaking.

must be expensive, he didn't have enough left to buy cutters to cut off his guitar strings after stringing his guitar. Nice effect though. You can how ever already do this with delay and reverb hold, with a little tweaking.

Hey, if you cut the strings off the tone leaks out of them. Everyone knows that, sheesh! :D

You could probably get some of the way there with reverb or delay hold, but this apparently only holds the portion of the note that comes after the initial attack. So how would that work?

Nice one Simeon! Although i think its not the same effect. Sometimes you want the sustained sound to not be as washy and ambient. For example for clean jazz stuff this pedal might work better. I think it sounds closer to the original guitar tone than a sustained reverb tail.
I wonder how it compares to the EHX Superego pedal, which pretty much does the same thing.

I do basically this already by using an FS-5U external pedal assigned to reverb hold and then have a mild delay on for the notes I'm playing over the held chord. Acts like a freeze pedal but only better. Works great.

Back
Top Bottom