Sustain effect

mba

Power User
One of the big + of the Axe II is the fact that it has a better sustain IMO.
The notes ring more than for the ultra and it's more musical.
I wonder how i can reproduce this phenomenon by using an effect with my Ultra. I want to increase the sustain of the amp block.
Any idea?

Thanks but i think that i hear something with the compressor, the tone seems not so fluid.
I found that using a chorus works not so bad :
_ 2 voices
_ lowest rate
_ mix 4%

You could try using the resonator. I was playing around with it briefly the other day (never really played with it much) to try get some less-than-typical lead sounds, and one of the interesting side-effects was that I was getting nice musical sustain and feedback even at low volumes. Didn't really look into it much as my MFC wasn't set up and technically I was supposed to be preparing the Axe to lend to someone else (and got distracted :lol), but I was thinking it might be interesting to tie something in the resonator to an exp pedal to feed it in and out.

Thanks but i think that i hear something with the compressor, the tone seems not so fluid.
I found that using a chorus works not so bad :
_ 2 voices
_ lowest rate
_ mix 4%

I have no idea how those settings increase the sustain.

There is a delay setting for the chorus, set it at your taste.
By the way it makes the tone more thick and doesn't change the attack. IMO the attack of the II is more soft.(compare to my ultra)

I have no problem with sustain with my Ultra. Maybe you need to just crank it up a tad. Let the Big Dog eat!!

Back
Top Bottom