Surprised by Two Rock and Fuchs

ptgold

Inspired
I thought Id be noodling blues on them but Im pumping out massive riffs on the Fuchs especially.

TOTALLY not what I expected. They have so much gain on tap. Is this how they are for real?

not sure about the Fuchs, but i know Cliff modeled the Lead channel on the Two Rock which explains why there is so much gain. i've owned a Fuchs ODS50 and it will clean up pretty nice so i'm guessing he modeled the lead tones of it as well, b/c even with the drive almost off, i can't get it as clean as the real amp got.

BUT....the cleans on those amps aren't why people usually buy them. it's the OD that makes them so great, so i am super happy with how he modeled them. There are WAAAAY better clean tones on the new Super and Band Master anyway.

Haven't had a chance to try them in the AFX yet but speaker choice is extremely important with those 'real world' amps.

Try G12-65's, esp with the Two Rock.
Eminence work well with the Fuchs.

not sure about the Fuchs, but i know Cliff modeled the Lead channel on the Two Rock which explains why there is so much gain. i've owned a Fuchs ODS50 and it will clean up pretty nice so i'm guessing he modeled the lead tones of it as well, b/c even with the drive almost off, i can't get it as clean as the real amp got.

BUT....the cleans on those amps aren't why people usually buy them. it's the OD that makes them so great, so i am super happy with how he modeled them. There are WAAAAY better clean tones on the new Super and Band Master anyway.

I disagree. I tend to play a clean-to-breakup style (i.e. fender bassman, twin etc.) and the two-rock's expressiveness, responsiveness in terms of going from clean to breakup is legendary, as its tonal vareity - it's not a Vox or a Marshall - it's not a 1 trick or 2 trick pony. If I can't get a satisfying clean out of it, it's not a two rock iMHO - it's a more 'static' model. BUT: I haven't tried it yet (I usually wait for FW X.1 to let the bugs settle), so hopefully I can get it to clean up nicely with proper gain staging.

I disagree. I tend to play a clean-to-breakup style (i.e. fender bassman, twin etc.) and the two-rock's expressiveness, responsiveness in terms of going from clean to breakup is legendary, as its tonal vareity - it's not a Vox or a Marshall - it's not a 1 trick or 2 trick pony. If I can't get a satisfying clean out of it, it's not a two rock iMHO - it's a more 'static' model. BUT: I haven't tried it yet (I usually wait for FW X.1 to let the bugs settle), so hopefully I can get it to clean up nicely with proper gain staging.

When you turn the Gain down it cleans up beautifully actually...which surprised me also as the gain on tap is massive. At 9oclock you get beautiful cleans.....at 12oclock heavy overdrive

On the Two Rock the Mid control works very differently than Ive experienced on any other amp. The amp gets very clean when its turned down

Back
Top Bottom