Surface pro 2 axe edit

Pooskie

Is anyone using a Surface Pro 2 to control axe edit? I just picked one up today and when trying to load axe edit it say's " this program can't run on this PC". I swear I read on hear that some folks were using these. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

I've used it on a Surface Pro 2 without issue. Did you download the Windows 8 version of the installer?

Did you install the USB driver too? I think that has to be installed first. I have a Surface Pro 2 here and Axe Edit works for me too.

i'm not sure if this is still relevant, try running the installer as administrator, however its probably got corrupted some how, or you accidentally downloaded the wrong version

Is anyone using a Surface Pro 2 to control axe edit? I just picked one up today and when trying to load axe edit it say's " this program can't run on this PC". I swear I read on hear that some folks were using these. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

Are you certain it's a "Pro" and not an "RT"? Surface RT you cannot install MSI or EXE files, only apps from the App Store. I installed it on my Surface 3 no problem and actually my Surface Pro 1 as well.

Did NOT like the touch screen to change values though, I ended up using a MacBook Air (I know I know, I'm a PC guy as well) so I could use Garage Band on the run also.

Let us know thanks.

Ps. It works great on a surface pro 3. So does reaper.

Did you get the full screen function to work? I tried on my Pro 1 but couldn't get the key combo correct to make it fit to the screen.

Just curious on the 3 since the resolution is so high, thanks.

thanks for all the help guys. As it turns out, this is not a Surface Pro but the normal Surface 2. I was mislead by the salesman at best buy and will now spend my afternoon tomorrow returning it. dernit! I was really looking forward to using this on the road this week. thanks again everyone

As it turns out, this is not a Surface Pro but the normal Surface 2.

Not just Best Buy but misled by Microsoft. The RT was a bust... An immediate failure to launch and something that could never really catch on.

Try the Surface 3, even if you get an i3 64GB, they are slick as all get out with plenty of versatility/power. Axe-Edit works just dandy in Windows 8.1 no problem, I just didn't like not having a mouse builtin for changing values.

Good luck mate.

Back
Top Bottom