Superego +

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but i cannot for the life of me figure out the proper way to connect my Superego+ pedal to the Axe FX 3. Ideally i'd like to be able to have seperate fx for my sustained "freeze" pedal note and my regular guitar signal, but if anybody could please help me i'd really appreciate it. I've read the manual and tried several different connections but i cannot figure it out. PLEASE

Simply hook up the Superego to an unsused Input and Output pair on the back of the Axe III and then set up a row (in parallel to your regular guitar signal path in the Axe by splitting that clean signal to two rows) in the grid just for the Superego signal path by sending the guitar to say Out 3 L > Superego > In 3 L > Fx Blocks for Superego in Axe..

and then decide if you want everything summed to mono at the end or if you want to keep separate signal paths each going to their own amp.

Set the Superego to only output the wet signal from the pedal by turning the Dry signal all the way down.

You'll need experiment with gain staging too to avoid hiss...it's been a while since i've run any outboard pedals or gear in the Axe but i'm sure several members of the board here will be able to give you precise instructions for the gain staging. I have the original Superego and find that it's got quite a hot output, so experiment with how loud you set the wet Effect output of the pedal.

Connection would be Out 3 L to Superego Input, and Superego Output to In 3 L

Hi, I know its been a long time since i posted. Thank you for your tip. I've had a crazy past year so I have just now tried this. I'm still getting no signal from the superego. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. Heres a screenshot of my patch

Attachments

• Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
You should be seeing something if the Out 3 is up.

As an aside, I have noticed that with the regular SuperEgo, it is impossible to get rid of the Dry signal from the output even with Dry completely down. Instead, I use the loop output of the SuperEgo as a wet-only signal. Otherwise, given the latency in the A/D D/A conversion happening, there will be some very obvious comb filtering happening when mixing the two signals together.

Just in case anyone else has this dilemma I figured it out. I had to go in and change my input 3 settings to "left only." Still need to mess with the settings a bit to get a good sound but it's functioning now. Thanks everyone for the help!

Back
Top Bottom