Super small backup rig

fcs101

Axe-Master
This offering from Mooer looks to be very intriguing as a potential pocket-sized backup rig. I could see using it as a travel companion as well, paired up with a travel guitar. I really doubt it's "the only pedal you truly need" as this guy says, but still...it may have a place.

Always cool to see different options for different use cases. I got a Tech 21 Fly Rig v2 as my backup. If the shit hits the fan, I very my like the feature that there's no programming, no menus or anything like that. A few knobs to dial and just a couple of effects - all I would need in the very unlikely scenario that any Fractal device is failing.

I got a Tech 21 Fly Rig v2 as my backup. If the shit hits the fan, I very my like the feature that there's no programming, no menus or anything like that. A few knobs to dial and just a couple of effects
Same here Fly Rig 5 v1.
About 5 years was visiting in NC brought a guitar and the Fly Rig and a small monitor.
Ended up in a bar talking to some people in a band and said I should sit in.
Went back to the house got the gear went straight through the PA. Sounded great.

I like it better than other solutions, no firmware, editors, and programming just knobs and footswitches like @Johan Allard said.
Don't get me wrong I geek out with the AF, but for backup the Fly Rig is perfect. Plus! It sound's good.

Not Fractal related, but I've been thinking Line 6 should update their pocket Pod to have HX modeling. A super basic pocket sized modeler from FAS would be cool. Maybe include the FAS amps, drives only, a chorus, delay and verb and call it a day.

That's pretty cool, I had the friedman little pedal they have, and ran that right into my CLR and it sounded great. Would save your butt in a pinch. This is way more configurable.

That's pretty cool, I had the friedman little pedal they have, and ran that right into my CLR and it sounded great. Would save your butt in a pinch. This is way more configurable.
What friedman pedal was it? do you recall...? that sounds like a no brainer back up.

I have carried an old SansAmp GT2 in my mic bag for about twenty years as a failsafe. In that time I've also played loads of pickup gigs with only that pedal plugged into a spare channel. It's a flexible pedal which I now use on casual gigs to augment a Fly Rig which lacks the "Tweed" setting of the GT2.

This offering from Mooer looks to be very intriguing as a potential pocket-sized backup rig. I could see using it as a travel companion as well, paired up with a travel guitar. I really doubt it's "the only pedal you truly need" as this guy says, but still...it may have a place.

I have this but in the guitar form; the Mooer GTRS guitar. It's fun!

Back
Top Bottom