SUPER LIST - Notable albums that used the Axe-Fx in its entirety...

Sidius

Everyone ..

List all albums that you think that have used the AXE FX standard, ultra or II .

I'll start.

Periphery II: This Time It's Personal (July 3, 2012) - AXE Fx II

Not 100% sure so correct me if I'm wrong on any of these

Periphery did use an Axe-2 but it was run through the power amp section of a 5150 and then into a Mesa cab with multiple mics.

Periphery's Debut album
Born of Osiris - The Discovery
Chelsea Grin - Evolve
Trivium used it on album BUT they must have had a sponsership deal with another company because it was edited out of the video interview
Keith Merrow - Awaken the Stone King

They're not a particularly big band at this point, but Janus is a band out of Chicago that's been doing well on alt/rock radio, at least in the midwest here. I believe their latest album, Nox Aeris, was recorded with the Axe FX. Their guitarist didn't mention it by name, but said in an interview with GW that he tracked the album with the processor he's been using. "I’m playing out of an effects unit that I picked up a while back. We ended up tracking the record with it and are touring with it right now. It’s really neat. I don’t even need a cab for it. It’s pretty straightforward and direct." I know from seeing them that he's been using the Axe Standard live for a year or two, so 2+2 = Nox Aeris by Janus was recorded with the Axe.

Periphery - Periphery, Periphery II
Devin Townsend Project - Addicted, Deconstruction, Epicloud, Ki(?)
Animals As Leaders - Weightless, Animals As Leaders(?)
Jeff Loomis - Plains of Oblivion (together with his ENGL's, I hear)
Mandroid Echostar - Mandroid Echostar EP
Sacrifice to Survive - Sacrifice to Survive
Scarpoint - Mask of Sanity

For what it's worth I have to say that I loved Ty Tabor's trip magnet EP. For someone like Ty who is a master of tone to use the Axe Fx is praise indeed. Seen Ty live with King's X several times and he has one of the best live tones I've ever heard. Going to guess that he used the Axe on Xenophobe's Electrolux. I know Chris Broderick uses an Axe Fx live, going to take a stab that he used it for Th1rt3en maybe even End Game?

Back
Top Bottom