Super Guitar Ballad - "Surreal Majesty"

jerotas

Experienced
Just finished writing this one.

http://tindeck.com/listen/ywim

This is a Satch-type guitar ballad with no rhythm guitar, only keys instead. So it's a showcase for my fave lead tone :)
I'm working on recording the final takes now, and I'll likely beef up the drums and everything else too.

If you like it (or don't hahaha), feel free to chime in. This is my 8th song for my CD. I'll have 12 when I'm done, 1 in each key. Targeting end of the year for that.

I named it "Surreal Majesty" today.

Re: Super Guitar Ballad

here's the patch

Attachments

• CAE3 Mesa BallaLead.syx
    2 KB · Views: 102

Nice tone and playing!

The song has a pretty dreamy feel to it... You could call it "Dreaming"...
And since it's the eighth song for your album, why not call it "Dreaming #8"? :lol: j/k man.

I dunno... How about "Lost in Imagination"?

Prayfordarkness said:
Nice tone and playing!

The song has a pretty dreamy feel to it... You could call it "Dreaming"...
And since it's the eighth song for your album, why not call it "Dreaming #8"? :lol: j/k man.

I dunno... How about "Lost in Imagination"?
Thank you everyone for the feedback. Dreaming #8 lol, nice haha. Someone else said something about the song sounding "dreamy" too, so I will probably use that concept, thanks!

jerotas said:
Any ideas for a title? What kind of thoughts or feelings does the tune give you?

How about "12 Keys for dreaming"?

By the way, I really like the tone and playing.
Thanks for share.

In your signal chain you have efx loop what is that for and how did you get the harmony? Can u share how to get the harmony thanks.

Boogie291 said:
In your signal chain you have efx loop what is that for and how did you get the harmony? Can u share how to get the harmony thanks.

Ah, don't worry about the FX Loop block. That's only there because I am record the "dry" signal too, so I can re-amp when I'm finished with the final takes.

For the harmony, I always record a separate track and actually play the harmony. It's not always a straight harmony (like Iron Maiden), but may have 3rd's / 4ths/ 5th's etc against the main lead. I usually start by playing a straight harmony, then I tweak it based on what my "mind's ear" hears or I just experiment with changing notes.

Brain, awesome groove, love the guitar tones and the way the song flows. Can't wait to hear it all finished.

Joe

Excellent! Nice melodies, and the harmonies are really well done. I can see I'm going to have to hunt down the first 7 tunes!

PakWaan said:
Excellent! Nice melodies, and the harmonies are really well done. I can see I'm going to have to hunt down the first 7 tunes!

Thank you! You will probably only find 2 more out of those 7. The other 4 were done with the Vetta so they aren't posted here lol. One of those I think I'll re-record but the others will stay as is.

This was great; even listening to it on my mini laptop - can't wait to hear it on the bigger system - really nice sustain and clean tones, which is what is interesting me most, since I play in similar style as you (Instrumental Rock). Very nice guitar work/vibrato you have there - I bet you are pretty happy with the versatility of the Axe-FX being able to shape tones like this eh? Awesome work!

Awesome playing man, and the tone is just killer! :cool:

Looking at the patch it's coming up with user cabs, any info on those would be cool :)

Cheers

Spence

xpenno said:
Awesome playing man, and the tone is just killer! :cool:

Looking at the patch it's coming up with user cabs, any info on those would be cool :)

Cheers

Spence

Yeah, I noticed the same thing this morning... curios cab minds would love to know - May even make me buy those damn redwirez, if that's what yer using!

Very nice !! Love the way the notes "sing" on attack !
What cabs are you running in User 1 & 2 ?
Thanks for posting this !

About those user cabs, they are not RedWirez, they are free cabs I found before I knew about RedWirez. And I keep coming back to them, even though RedWirez has some great sounds too. Here's user cab 1 & 2 (I numbered them so you know which is which).

Yes Virgil, the Axe-Fx is a dream box. This is my favorite lead patch that I made. I decided to have no rhythm guitar on this song to make the awesome tone be more audible.

Attachments

• 01 - Diezel 4x12 V30 SM57.syx
    7.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 02 - EDGE -1 I Inch ala Sneap pic.syx
    7.6 KB · Views: 27

jerotas said:
I decided to have no rhythm guitar on this song to make the awesome tone be more audible.
well.... it worked... ;)

Thanks for the posts ! I have to try this when I get home... the recording sounds great !

Back
Top Bottom