Super excited to be rejoining the fractal family with a new FM9 turbo mkii

So fired it up and spent about an hour on the basic 800 preset. Threw in one of my favorite ir’s and an sd1 and it was perfect! Spent time actually playing instead of endless tweaking. Thankfully I have spent enough time in fractal land that I already have a good feel for most of the features and I can even do a fair amount of on unit programming. Now I just need a few days and a couple of LT and CC videos and I should be back up to speed. Again so glad to be back!!!

I definitely won’t be doing a daily update as everyone has plenty of better things to do then read about my amazing experience with the fm9 but I just wanted to add one more thing — dynacabs and cab lab 4 make it so easy to craft tones. This was always the rate limiting step - not being happy with my IR’s or searching through IR lists. And I left fractal right as dynacabs were introduced the first go round but before the dyna cab packs were released. If only I had waited…. I also think my ear for both real amps/cabs and modeling has matured which makes it a lot easier to dial things in the way they should sound. Again great to be back! And having owned almost every modeler at least once (and most for a while) I definitely can say there is nothing like fractal. (But you guys know this already).

About three weeks in and absolutely loving it! And already a new fw. I have also become much more proficient with the front panel compared with prior fractal experiences. While the Fm9 edit software is extremely easy to use and usually where I do major editing, I’m finding the front panel also very accessible. Just had to invest a little time to get to know it better.

Back
Top Bottom