super dumb question........

qjawz

Inspired
Hey guys I just got protools 11. I've never recorded by myself, and I'm getting ready to start experimenting with it. I know I can set up the axe to be the audio interface but can I make the audio come out of my studio monitors?

Thank you in advance :)

Maybe someones got a video?

play back audio, or live audio? if play back go to I\o menu, audio, usb return level, and adjust.

Good grief, that's not a bad question, by any means. You're starting a new activity that's pretty complex; you must have a zillion questions!

It would be great if you lived near someone experienced you could just get together and talk with; good luck, and you never have to apologize for asking questions.

Good grief, that's not a bad question, by any means. You're starting a new activity that's pretty complex; you must have a zillion questions!

It would be great if you lived near someone experienced you could just get together and talk with; good luck, and you never have to apologize for asking questions.

Thank you I appreciate that. I just don't like being a bother so usually I just lurk on here and try searching the forum before I get on and ask/respond. But yes I have a zillion questions lol

If you're using the Axe FX as an audio interface, you'll need to plug the monitors into the Output 1 L/R. Then, as paranoid said, go to the Axe FX's I/O menu, Audio tab, and turn up the Return Level. Return level is the volume level of the audio coming out of the computer into your Axe FX, aka monitoring level.

If have you another audio interface that's hooked up to the monitors, you'll need to connect the Axe FX to the audio interface in whatever method works best for you (1/4" jacks or SPDIF/AES).

I don't use Pro Tools so outside of that, I have no idea. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom