AFIII Summer Song - Joe Satriani

Ben Randolph

Power User
Satch has always been one of my favorite players, so it was a treat to challenge myself and learn this song.

I'm using a JCM 800 sim with a Tube Screamer pushing the amp. A 2290 delay and some Rich Hall reverb round out the patch I used. Ownhammer IR of a 1970 Marshall 412 with pre-Rola G12M-25 Celestions.

The guitar is an '87 Ibanez RG 500 with Dimarzio Gravity Storm pickups.

Satch has always been one of my favorite players, so it was a treat to challenge myself and learn this song.

I'm using a JCM 800 sim with a Tube Screamer pushing the amp. A 2290 delay and some Rich Hall reverb round out the patch I used. Ownhammer IR of a 1970 Marshall 412 with pre-Rola G12M-25 Celestions.

The guitar is an '87 Ibanez RG 500 with Dimarzio Gravity Storm pickups.

Ben that was bad to the bone man I’m seriously going to work on that great job man loved it. I am definitely going to have to push myself to learn that I just dig the heck out of that song and you did it justice. :cool:

Ben that was bad to the bone man I’m seriously going to work on that great job man loved it. I am definitely going to have to push myself to learn that I just dig the heck out of that song and you did it justice. :cool:
Thank you so much. I've really gravitated to the humble JCM 800 in 16.05. The patch is a modification of Leon's #34 in the Brit 800 preset. I assume that is Leon Todd's preset. I really like him.

Hi Ben thanks for sharing that info are you using a regular amp or frfr speakers. Just curious because I’m just using a Peavey 2 x 12.
I have listened to your recording several times man if I were you I’d add a little fast slap delay I think that would make your recording really come alive man.
But your original recording is still awesome man :)

Thanks. I used 2290 delay. To get the harmonics working I had to turn the delay up in the mix. In the original recording, you can really hear the delay in those harmonics.

What kind of Peavey amp are you using?

Hi Ben I am using a Peavey stereo chorus 400 2x12.
I bought 2 of them year’s ago new and I just love those amps.
I also have a 2x12 blue Crate, & a Marshall 30 watt amp that really has a great sound I use it when we practice it’s light and I hurt my back so it’s just easy for me to move.

I listen to your recording and Joe’s and he really has a lot of delay on his guitar seems to give a bigger fatter sound In Imho.
I don’t mean anything bad in anyway your recording is still awesome :)
And you inspired me to start learning that song
That 2290 is definitely an awesome Delay unit

Hey nhgtrman on the forum has also got a record of summer song and has a preset he posted that’s pretty cool.

Last edited:
Nice job Ben, sounds great!
Hi Ben I am using a Peavey stereo chorus 400 2x12.
I bought 2 of them year’s ago new and I just love those amps.
I also have a 2x12 blue Crate, & a Marshall 30 watt amp that really has a great sound I use it when we practice it’s light and I hurt my back so it’s just easy for me to move.

I listen to your recording and Joe’s and he really has a lot of delay on his guitar seems to give a bigger fatter sound In Imho.
I don’t mean anything bad in anyway your recording is still awesome :)
And you inspired me to start learning that song
That 2290 is definitely an awesome Delay unit

Hey nhgtrman on the forum has also got a record of summer song and has a preset he posted that’s pretty cool.
Thanks @Freds55! I think I used the Solo 100 Lead for that one a few years back.

I hope I can learn that song as good as you guys man y’all really Rock it. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Back
Top Bottom