Suhr Modern

Just got this:

imanapn1fmrpwbs8qkcp.jpg
Need proof the Axe-Fx fuels Guitar Acquisition Syndrome?
Look no further than Exhibit A: Cliff Chase, creator of the Axe-Fx.

I've always been a sucker for Aquamarine flame maple.

The curse of no interest, long term music store financing has bitten me in a few ways, none of them I particularly find offensive.
Not that I'd encourage anyone to finance a $4500 guitar in a way that their wife doesn't notice a hundred or two out of the budget every month.

A few years back I bought a Rasmus Modern - it's really a great guitar, it's too bad that Suhr didn't keep doing these. I sent it to Mike Learn for a paint job and told him that I wanted it to be themed after my earliest influences as a player.
MY Guthrie Govan Rasmus is still one of my very best guitars...really a shame they went away.

I read over on TGP where John Suhr said that the reason the Rasmus guitars were discontinued was that they were having major QC consistency issues. He said it was a constant battle to get their foreign factory to keep quality up to a level that he was satisfied with. It was like playing whack a mole where they would address one problem and then a few weeks later there'd be a different quality issue that they'd have to address. This struggle caused his team to look into making the same product line in their US factory and thus the modern satin line of guitars were born.

John seems to care a lot about the quality and consistency of products associated with his name. I have do doubt that the Rasmus guitars that made it to the market are excellent instruments.

I read over on TGP where John Suhr said that the reason the Rasmus guitars were discontinued was that they were having major QC consistency issues. He said it was a constant battle to get their foreign factory to keep quality up to a level that he was satisfied with. It was like playing whack a mole where they would address one problem and then a few weeks later there'd be a different quality issue that they'd have to address. This struggle caused his team to look into making the same product line in their US factory and thus the modern satin line of guitars were born.

John seems to care a lot about the quality and consistency of products associated with his name. I have do doubt that the Rasmus guitars that made it to the market are excellent instruments.
I can attest to that. My Rasmus had a linear volume pot and wiring issues. No biggie, I fixed it myself. But, it's definitely not ok on a new guitar.

Back
Top Bottom