Suhr Modern build Floyd or no Floyd?

I've a modern on the way, and at the last moment (after much serious thought) changed from locking to a 510.
Reasons being I don't wang around too much and from what I've hear they don't go out of tune crazy anyway!
Also I figured with a guitar of that caliber, I'd want as much connection with it as possible...

No matter which way you go It'll be sweet ...... It's a Suhr.

This video pretty much sold me.
MasterThatGear! - Custom Suhr Modern - YouTube

Took a while to get used to the .800-.850/1.65 eliptical necks after playing Charvels for years, but it feels natural now. I have a Pro I picked up from the musiczoo that has a .780-.830 neck, the other 3 are .800s.

Very cool H302 !!! Nice collection !! I come from Jackson SL-1's and an 1982 Original San Dimas Charvel. I'm restoring the Charvel and selling 2 of my 4 SL-1's. In what way are the Elliptical's different from the Jacksons/ Charvels..?

[. My dilemma is do I want a locking set up when I don't go that crazy with the term these days???[/QUOTE]
I think you just answered your own question :D I the they have the option of the no tremolo for the springs ,which I hear works well

I'd imagine it depends on how much you abuse the whammy bar. If you do tons of Satch-like whammy action, I can see a Floyd being useful. If not, it seems the Floyd would just be more a pain than its worth.

A well-setup guitar with good bridge materials should have no tuning issues with reasonable (say, David Gilmour) whammy bar use.

Back
Top Bottom