Suhr guitar resellers

Narzugon

Power User
I've been on the look out for a used Suhr strat and wanted to ask if any of you could recommend a reseller who has a steady flow of used stock. I've done google searches and have book marked many. But there has to be more! :)

Last edited:
I've bought and sold a bunch of Suhrs (2 classics recently in fact). Other than using GBase, there really isn't anything better than eBay.

I had forgotten about GBase. That is a good resource. TGP and eBay I check regularly as well as Gearslutz. I had not run across Wild West Guitars before. Added them to the list. Thanks for the replies!

What about the fret wire on Suhrs? The one I had hurt to bend strings, do they have options?

I'm intrigued... How did it hurt to do string bends on a suhr? Both of the Suhr guitars that I have played did not have this issue, one had SS frets and one I have now which has nickel. Maybe this was before they were useing a Plek machine?

What about the fret wire on Suhrs? The one I had hurt to bend strings, do they have options?

Usually it's the neck contour that can cause discomfort. Although I've played some guitars with really small frets that felt like I was having to strangle every note to get it out. But yeah, they have a lot of fret wire options.

It was the jumbo frets on the one I owned. Some people love them, but high notes are uncomfortable for me, whereas my Les Paul frets are about as comfy as the other side of the pillow!

It was the jumbo frets on the one I owned. Some people love them, but high notes are uncomfortable for me, whereas my Les Paul frets are about as comfy as the other side of the pillow!

So the really low profile frets? I have played on these before and they are ease to play on and you don't sharp out as much with these style frets. I think the down side is you tend to rub the fret board quite a bit more doing string bends, although this argument can be debated with both type of frets based on how heavy your fretting hand is.

Back
Top Bottom