Suggestions on power amp?

Zer0

So I'm looking for a decent solid state power amp. I'm using an old Samson that completely blows and I know it's affecting the tone of my Axe. I've heard the Matrix power amps are good but they're a little pricey. I'm looking for something that's clean and has some balls for live shows and band practice. My price limit is about $500 at the moment, any suggestions?

Are you looking for a rack-mounted power amp? How many rack spaces are available (1U? 2U? 3U?)

are you committed to a Solid State power amp?
for the price limit you post yu have some good tube options available to you.

Yeah I'm looking for rack-mount. 1 would be nice, but I have another rack I can use if I need 2 or 3.

I'll offer one suggestion, and others may provide some other ideas, as well.

In your budget range (US$500), you might consider the Carvin DCM1540L. Plenty of headroom for almost any application, at a reasonable costs.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/DCM1540L

425 watts per channel, into 8 ohms
Class AB
14 lbs
2U rack size

Save extra go for the Matrix, the GT800 is close to your price.:)

This.

I used to have a Matrix GT800FX and used it to demonstrate the Axe-FX II at a trade show. I only had one naysayer, all the rest were very impressed.

I am currently using the Matrix GT1500FXBD, a three channel version of the GT1000FX. Both are great bits of equipment. In fact I don't know of a poor Matrix product.

For cheap thrills and space conservation in mind, get an EHX 44 Magnum. I got one just for rehearsals and small gigs and it's absolutely immense! I'm gonna do a decent review of it on here on sunday as I have a decent sized gig on Saturday so it'll be tested fully!

+1 on the Matrix if you are going for a solid state.......save the extra few bucks if possible. (I have the Matrix 2U GT1000FX) plenty of power. They come 1U also

Back
Top Bottom