Suggestions For Solution When Switching From Strat To Humbuckers

Davus PG

Inspired
Hi there

I've recently started playing a Strat and want to use it live. The issue I have is that all my other guitars are HH and so all my presets & scenes on my FX8 are set for HH guitars so when I switch to the Strat it sounds quieter & thinner.

I'm trying to get my head around the best way to overcome this. Presumably a boost or EQ, but is there a way of doing it so that I don't need duplicate patches?

Ideally I'd like to be able to hit one switch on the FX8when I change guitars and if required, be able to use that guitar on every patch with the right volume.

Apologies if this sounds confusing!

I use a H&K Grandmeister so could have alternative amp presets, but I'd still need duplicates on the FX8 anyway so not the solution I'm after.

I'd rather not switch Strat pickups or adjust pickup heights as my guitars sound just right the way they are. I just need a super easy way to boost my Strat. Is there something I can do globally on the FX8 when I switch guitar?

Thanks in advance for any help

David

You could add either a Filter or EQ block and simply raise the level to compensate for the difference between guitars. The EQ would allow you to tweak any frequencies that are too prominent with the strat.

It's because it's a strat... supposed to sound thinner than a humbucker :) I'd setup different patches, or add a boost like above.

Back
Top Bottom