Suggested DAW with FM3?

Mark L.

Inspired
Is there a DAW that works particularly well with the FM3, or particularly poorly for that matter? What DAW are you guys using with it and why? Thanks!

Logic X is always a necessary consideration on mac, amazing value for money, and more or less plays nice with FM3, but it really depends on your workflow, i figure they all work. I have been recently checking out Bitwig studio for it’s excellent modular synth support

I use my FM3 and Axe FX III with Logic X on my MacBook Pro and Mac mini and it works perfectly....

I use Logic on my mac and the FM3 works beautifully with it. Honestly, I'd rather work in Cubase but logic was cheaper so thats why I went with it.

Reaper FTW! lightweight, fast and extremely adaptable. However the FM3 isn't very DAW dependable. Any major DAW that can record sound should work.(If you already have an interface that is... I haven't tried the USB feature of the FM3 yet)

Using Reaper too and FM3 as Audio Interface.
Working very well with very low latency - depending on your hardware of computer.

I don't use Macs, but I run Reaper and it works well. I'm also a DAW newb, so if I can do it, anyone can do it. In an old dog / new tricks sort of way.

I've been a Propellerheads Reason guy for a while now (used to be a ProTools guy) and the FM3 seems to work well with that. I haven't tried re-amping yet, but the I/O seems to be set up correctly to do that.

I don't use Macs, but I run Reaper and it works well. I'm also a DAW newb, so if I can do it, anyone can do it. In an old dog / new tricks sort of way.
Thanks. I'm a newb too, that's why I asked. Sounds like Reaper is worth a shot.

To answer the original question a little more specifically - no, I don't believe there's any DAW that functions particularly different from any other with respect to the FM3.

To answer the original question a little more specifically - no, I don't believe there's any DAW that functions particularly different from any other with respect to the FM3.
Thanks. I kinda figured that, but as a newb, needed confirmation.

I have a Mac and prefer Logic also and would highly recommend it for features and cost - when looking at others on the same platform. USB on the FM3 is a mess and currently requires an interface until such time as the bugs are fixed. It has been problematic and I have doubts that it will ever be fixed on this device.

After getting the preset leveling figured out (see other thread), I haven't had a problem with USB recording in Garageband. Are the USB issues more specific to particular DAWs?

Thanks. I'm a newb too, that's why I asked. Sounds like Reaper is worth a shot.

There's definitely a learning curve, but plenty of tutorials online. You can also try before you buy. After that the price is pretty unbeatable for the product. I've heard some pro-level recording done using Reaper.

After getting the preset leveling figured out (see other thread), I haven't had a problem with USB recording in Garageband. Are the USB issues more specific to particular DAWs?
Not really, on macOS they all use the API provided by the OS (CoreAudio) so they should all be using the same driver.

I have a Mac and prefer Logic also and would highly recommend it for features and cost - when looking at others on the same platform. USB on the FM3 is a mess and currently requires an interface until such time as the bugs are fixed. It has been problematic and I have doubts that it will ever be fixed on this device.
No interface required with Windows. Recording and reamping work fine with Reaper and USB, for me anyways.

Back
Top Bottom